PDA

View Full Version : AA not aggressive enough??

jc1009
08-25-2004, 03:02 PM
playing 1-2 NL $300 max buy-in at the Taj Poker Room. Just got the table so don't really have a read on anybody yet my stack is $200. I get AA. I raised to 25 preflop. I get 4 callers (I was a little suprised of so many callers at the time). Flop comes K-9-3 rainbow. A good flop for me I thought. Everybody checks to me I bet $80 (I pretty big bet at this table from the previous action i was seeing). I get one caller I was not to concerned hoping he just has a K. Turn comes a Q. He goes all in. I think he may have two Pair KQ (By the way his stack is just a little more than mine at the start of the hand) couldn't put him on set figured he would have raised the flop. I didn't put him on a straight because he would have had to call $80 bucks on a gut shot. I call thinking i might lose to 2 pair but I feel I am pot commited because over half my stack is in there and maybe I can pair the board to have higher so pair or maybe he is just on AK. He show J-10. I was irrate that he called a $80 bet with a gut shot draw. Did I play this right was there anything I could of done to take down this pot??

sabre170
08-25-2004, 03:08 PM
If it were me, I might be irate because I lost the pot.
I would not be irate because he called with a longshot draw.

toby
08-25-2004, 04:48 PM
Seems like your flop bet is pretty low, the pot is $225 and you bet $80? That is less than half, barely more than a third. Besides being on a draw, he could put you on something like TT or 99 just taking a weak stab at the pot.

I don't think I'm very good at NL though so take that comment with a grain of salt.