PDA

View Full Version : An Image Play

semipro50
08-25-2004, 01:33 PM
I think it is important to establish a tight image, even weak tight.
Game seemed typical for a Saturday night. I was observing the game for about a half hour before I sat down.

First hand I had in BB with 72 off suit. UTG limped, UTG+2 called, cutoff called, button raised $5 (for a total of $25) all in.
SB called. I folded for the extra $5.

Do you think I achieved my goal of setting a weak tight image?

ike
08-25-2004, 01:45 PM
No, you just wasted some EV and no one noticed/cared. I'd also question your idea that being viewed as weaktight is good. You don't want to frequently be bluffed. The vast majority of players in live midlimit games bluff too little and you will be costing yourself money by causing them to bluff a closer to optimal amount.

Paluka
08-25-2004, 02:09 PM
I dont' think weak-tight describes the image you want. You want to be viewed as tight and predictable. This way when you bet, people assume you have it. This is good, because you usually don't.

Senor Choppy
08-27-2004, 06:45 AM
It's a lot easier to make money showing down the best hand with everyone at the table paying you off, than trying to move bad players off of hands because they've been observant and are willing to lay down marginal hands that still have a chance.

Weak tight is a terrible image against mediocre or bad opponents. I think it might be preferrable to a LAG image at much higher limits, but even then I'm not totally convinved.

3rdCheckRaise
08-28-2004, 01:09 AM
Someone on this forum once said that it doesn't matter what table image you have as long as you know what it is and can use it to your advantage...

DcifrThs
08-28-2004, 04:16 AM
no! thats bad...weak tight invites shots taken at you.

you want the loosies in a game to think you're loose and pay you off light and the tighties in teh game to think you're tight and fold to you often...best of both worlds...

failing that you want a "tight, oh he has it again" image where they just fold to you when you bet b/c "you have it again." you won't have it that much and winning 2-6bbs in this manner adds a great deal to your win rate.

-Barron