PDA

View Full Version : Correct play of a big hand with a scary flop?

FOSTERKID1
08-25-2004, 12:09 PM
I tend to play these hands scared at the lower limits because I've seen the cinch hand out there way more frequently than it has any right to be.

PartyPoker 2/4 10-handed, typical table, lots of limpers, a couple of LAGs. Button seems to be LAG but I haven't seen him show down enough.

fosterkid is in the BB with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif . utg calls, 3 folds, mp calls, mp2 calls, co folds, button calls, sb completes, fosterkid raises. utg folds (?),4 calls. 5.5bb

Flop is: K /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif

fosterkid bets, mp calls, mp2 folds, button raises, sb folds, fosterkid three-bets, mp folds, button caps, fosterkid calls. 10bb.

Turn comes 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

fosterkid checks, button bets, fosterkid raises, button three-bets, fosterkid calls. 16bb

River comes 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

fosterkid checks, button bets, fosterkid calls. 18bb.

I'm sure I played this hand all kinds of wrong. I bet out and reraised the flop in the hopes of knocking out second-rate draws (weak flush draws and draws to the straight). The check-raise on the turn, admittedly a strange play, was information and economics. I figure a better hand (like a small made flush) might check behind me, saving me money if a blank hits and concealing my hand if I fill up on the river. I might also profit if the button does in fact have the A /images/graemlins/club.gif or some other reasonable draw. When the button bets here, should I put him on a small made flush that he's trying in vain to protect or is it too clear that I'm going to give him lots of action for him to consider this play? His three-bet tells me I'm probably way behind. Thus I call it and check call the river when I don't fill up.

Comments?