PDA

View Full Version : Coming to Vegas and Changing Name

07-16-2002, 11:53 AM
In honor of my first trip to Sin City, and in keeping with the great poker tradition of using place names in cognomens/cognomina, I have decided to change my 2+2 handle from ronW to Baltimore Ron - that's Baltimore as in Maryland, not Ireland, although I understand that THAT Baltimore is a lovely place as well. /images/smile.gif

My first visit to LV will be a short one as I'm tagging along with my wife as she attends a short conference at a hotel near the airport on Friday and Saturday, 8/2 and 8/3.

We'll be arriving at approximately 11:30pm local on Thursday and I'm hoping to sneak out to play some poker after Mrs. Baltimore Ron goes beddy-bye. After that, my poker time will mostly be confined to Friday afternoon/early eve. and Saturday during the day - plus whatever time on Friday night I can get in after conference social activities.

Here are my questions.

I want to at least say "Hi" to Clark, Babe and all the other locals who post here on 2+2. I probably won't be playing $15-$30+ on this trip since the bankroll is a little light. I understand the $6-$12 and $9-$18 games are wild and woolly - it should be just like the infamous Pink Chip game at the Trop in AC. Where do all the famous 2+2ers hang out on Thursday and Friday nights?

Transportation. Are there shuttle busses or accceptable public conveyances from the airport hotels to the Mir-Bel area? If I'm going back-and-forth several times it could get expensive using cabs.

Where to play. If I'm playing a step less than $15-$30, where's the best place to play. And, is there any O8 to play if I feel like slumming?

Thanks to all.

BR

07-16-2002, 02:04 PM
The Bellagio 8-16 should suit your needs well. There are usually numerous games going (though maybe the summer lull has affected that game?--ask a local).

Good luck, give us a trip report.

Paul Talbot

07-16-2002, 04:02 PM
The mirage also has a great5/10 O/8 game {at night]Unless your a expert stay away from the Belligo's 15/30 day crew with E.G.&the boys. althogh after 5pm. it gets better.

07-16-2002, 10:26 PM
good luck and i think you will find that nicknames are given to you not by you unless you are lucky.

bolting ron

bragging ron

betting ron

runaway ron