PDA

View Full Version : AQo showing LAG-tendency

House-Lion
08-25-2004, 08:07 AM
Table provided some action despite several being sub 30% flop seen. Maybe the loose players induced the more tight to loosen up a bit?

It's possible I had shown some LAG-tendencies earlier since I was down 8 BB at this table here.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 <font color="purple">(Mr_50%)</font> calls, UTG+2 <font color="purple">(Mr_60%)</font> calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 <font color="purple">(tight2!)</font> calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font> <font color="orange">Ok, questionable raise here but I figured the early limpers did not have as much pot-equity as I did and I do not want the blinds in for cheap making this close to a family-pot. </font> , SB <font color="purple">(regular_player)</font> calls, BB calls, <font color="orange">Heh! So much for cutting out the blinds! </font> UTG+1 <font color="purple">(Mr_50%)</font> calls, UTG+2 <font color="purple">(Mr_60%)</font> calls, MP3 <font color="purple">(tight2!)</font> calls.

Flop: (12 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
regular_player checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Mr_50% calls, Mr_60% calls, tight2! folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="orange">I am trying to buy a free-card here /images/graemlins/shocked.gif and maybe get someone to fold. <font color="pink">HA! LIKE THAT's GOING TO HAPPEN! </font> </font> , <font color="CC3333">regular_player 3-bets</font>, <font color="orange"> OUPS, poor me! </font> <font color="CC3333">BB caps <font color="orange">OK, someone got the jack. </font> </font>, Mr_50% calls, Mr_60% calls, Hero calls <font color="orange"> Drawing thin but I decide to bite the bullet here </font> , regular_player calls.

Turn: (16 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="orange">That must be a good card for me.</font> <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
regular_player checks, BB checks, Mr_50% checks, <font color="CC3333">Mr_60% bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="orange">I may be drawing dead, but I might also be live, lets jam this pot and make those with trips and two-pairs pay up. </font> regular_player calls, BB calls, Mr_50% calls, Mr_60% calls.

River: (26 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
regular_player checks, BB checks, Mr_50% checks, <font color="CC3333">Mr_60% bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="orange">This seem like a good spot to go for over-calls rather than raising. </font> regular_player calls, BB calls, Mr_50% folds.

Final Pot: 30 BB

Am I being way to LAG here? Would someone here raise the river or is that just madness getting 3-bet by the full house and likely fold out worse hands?
Results in white below: <font color="white">
regular_player shows As Jc (three of a kind, jacks).
BB shows Js 6s (three of a kind, jacks).
Mr_60% shows Ac Qd (straight, ace high). (So he limps with AQ)
Hero shows Ad Qh (straight, ace high).
Outcome: Mr_60% wins 15 BB. Hero wins 15 BB. </font>

easypete
08-25-2004, 08:28 AM
I'm not a big fan of raising gutshots. And it's doubtfull that an A or Q are outs here. You do have odds to call, and a free card play isn't too out of line. When it gets back to you capped, you're getting 29:2 (14.5:1) so call.

Turn raise is good, and with them just calling, you're home safe.

Good call on river for the overcalls.

jt1
08-25-2004, 08:29 AM
I think you played it well. If the board isn't paired than the flop raise EV+. I don't have the experience to say if it still is when the board is paired.