PDA

View Full Version : KK(s) on monotone flop with the ace, raise or smoth-calling?

House-Lion
08-25-2004, 06:45 AM
My read was that mr_50%flop most certainly had an ace. He would cold-call with A6o and limp in with Q5s. He hasn't been tricky and quite straight forward but rather loose pre-flop.

The cold-caller New_to_table I just asumed was one of the frequent cold-calling-stations so I did not really worry to much about him in this hand rather than I wanted him in for a few bets.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG <font color="purple">(mr_50%flop)</font> calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 <font color="purple">(New_to_table)</font> calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG <font color="purple">(mr_50%flop)</font> calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">mr_50%flop bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="blue">I was pretty sure I did not have the best hand here, but had a good chance of drawing out. Normally one should bet the draws but since I thought that the cold-caller behind me might call one bet I think there is no reason to raise here. </font> New_to_table calls. <font color="blue">(Just like the plan!) </font>

Turn: (5.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font> <font color="orange"> BINGO! </font>
<font color="CC3333">mr_50%flop bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="blue">I figure I can trap coldcaller for one more bet. </font> New_to_table calls. <font color="blue">RIGHT! </font>

River: (8.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font> <font color="blue">I got the nuts besides the unlikely 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif. </font>
<font color="CC3333">mr_50%flop bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font> <font color="blue">Not sure the guy behind will call 2 bets or even one but if so, I have to give him a chance, but mr_50% probably will call a raise. </font> , New_to_table folds, <font color="CC3333">mr_50%flop 3-bets</font> <font color="orange"> OUPSI-Daisy! </font> <font color="blue">But just like I don't believe in Quads I dont believe in str-flush.</font> , <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, mr_50%flop calls.

Final Pot: 16.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
mr_50%flop shows 9s Ah (flush, ace high).
Hero shows Ks Kh (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins 16.25 BB. </font>
<font color="blue"> How many agree with this line of play, not raising the flop to get it heads up and to go for the over-call on the turn? </font>

MarkL444
08-25-2004, 07:32 AM
raise the flop, raise the turn. this is party 2/4 theyll probably call you anyways

jt1
08-25-2004, 07:38 AM
I like going for the overcall. If you are sure of your read then you aren't worried about the other guy catching one of his 4 outs.