PDA

View Full Version : Can you play a hand worse than this?

07-30-2002, 06:04 AM
Commerce 9/18

tilt...

I'm in the cutoff with Q9 clubs. One limper, I limp too, button limps, BB raises - she's been raising garbage all night, 1st limper 3 bets - he's been three betting garbage all night. It never occurs to me that I'm about to call with garbage...

I thought briefly about folding, but due to a bad beat I suffered about 2 minutes earlier, I defiantly call. Dumb, dumb, dumb. After a bad beat, mucking is what I need to do most. This is a hole in my game. Flop comes:

Kc Kd 6c

I'm psyched, no king, I win, a club I win. Good flop (I mentioned I'm playing poorly at this point right?).

Anyway, it gets checked to me and I bet, button folds (yes!), BB folds (I knew she had nothing), but the 3 bettor calls - (oh well, big pot, he's got something, but maybe I can make him lay down). Turn is a classic blank, 2h:

Kc Kd 6c 2h

Darn, but 3 bettor checks, I continue with my semibluff and bet. Uh-oh, he checkraises. Maybe he's got a real hand. I call hoping for the flush. River another blank. 4s

Kc Kd 6c 2h 4s

Wow - I don't have anything! But again, he checks, ok - I'll bite. I bet, he checkraises again! I three bet - maybe he'll lay down AQ? After some thought, he calls. I show my Q9 - I never have a problem showing truly terrible plays - makes people less afraid of playing with me and usually I get *some* money back in future hands. I think it's the only good thing I did all hand. He shows K9 and drags the pot.

Ahhh, the joys of looking like a complete chump in front of 9 strangers.

I left shortly after this hand (and directly because of it).

soda

07-30-2002, 01:30 PM