PDA

View Full Version : hehehehe. 45o in the blinds.

bisonbison
08-25-2004, 05:02 AM
Before this hand, I had no read on the SB.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">5 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

MicroBob
08-25-2004, 05:37 AM
bluff-raise to try to win a teensy pot?

i seem to remember the part in SSHE where Ed says that if the more obvious draw hits you can take a stab at the pot.
is that the idea here?

JTG51
08-25-2004, 05:39 AM
I don't think an unknown player that calls a flop raise then bets the turn is going to fold often enough to make the bluff profitable.

Chris Daddy Cool
08-25-2004, 05:39 AM
I was at this table and I really liked the raise, espcially with a third diamond coming out.

You really couldn't ask for a better bluffing card.

bisonbison
08-25-2004, 05:40 AM
Well, I basically posted this cause I think the river raise is questionable without a read and because the SB called with <font color="white">A5o, for, um, ace high</font>.

Remember kids, bet your rivers for value.

This guy was invulnerable tonight.

Chris Daddy Cool
08-25-2004, 05:41 AM
dont' want to ruin the results, but given what SB has and the tiny pot and the scare card, this is an absolutely perfect raise.

bisonbison
08-25-2004, 05:42 AM
dont' want to ruin the results,

Too late, river rat!

Chris Daddy Cool
08-25-2004, 05:44 AM
You are the king of sucking out and putting in bets with the worst of it. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

JTG51
08-25-2004, 05:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
dont' want to ruin the results, but given what SB has and the tiny pot and the scare card, this is an absolutely perfect raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did SB's play look like Ace high before you saw the results?

When was the last time you saw a typical 3/6 player bet the river then fold to a raise?

Chris Daddy Cool
08-25-2004, 05:49 AM
Well I typically dont' see people's folded cards, but I think some do fold second or middle pair.

On second hand though, this bluff raise isn't actually getting as good odds as I thought because I forgot to include that you have to put in two bets rather than one if he was the original bluffer.

bisonbison
08-25-2004, 05:54 AM
You are the king of sucking out and putting in bets with the worst of it.

Please, 3-bet me with 55 more often.

JTG51
08-25-2004, 05:55 AM
Well I typically dont' see people's folded cards, but I think some do fold second or middle pair.

I'm not asking what they fold. I'm asking if you ever see anyone bet and fold to a raise on the river. I can't remember the last time I saw an average player do that. Especially after he's represented a made hand with the flop and turn stop and go.

I think the fact that this guy called a raise with Ace high is pretty good evidence that river bluff raises in these games usually aren't a good idea.

MicroBob
08-25-2004, 05:57 AM
i've had them fold to my raises on occasion when i hit my draw.
but i don't think it happens often-enough to make this steal-attempt worthwhile in a tiny pot without some kind of read that the guy lays down a lot.

some of my favorite multi-tabling tight-wads of the VPIP-12, PFR-1 variety would be more likely to fall for a play like this i think.

obviously this opponent is the 'i want to see it' type who will call down a raise with almost anything.

Chris Daddy Cool
08-25-2004, 06:01 AM
44 buddy. and keep openraising with K9o.

bisonbison
08-25-2004, 11:27 AM
44 buddy. and keep openraising with K9o.

It was you alright! I learned it from watching you!

sthief09
08-25-2004, 11:34 AM
I made a post the other day about assuming my opponents are unbluffable. the stop and go indicates 1 of 3 things: (1) a weak hand, like middle pair or TP bad kicker, (2) actual improvement, or (3) a picked up draw. the only time I'd try to make a move at this pot is if I thought my opponent was betting a draw he just picked up. in this case, the Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif doesn't present any draws, and probably doesn't improve my opponent's hand (unless he has QT), so it's likely he has something like T5, or A3, and he won't give either of these up on the river. if the turn was a 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, then it's a much more viable river bluff.

sfer
08-25-2004, 11:35 AM
What am I missing? Are you playing Hold 'Em Eight or better?

bisonbison
08-25-2004, 11:38 AM
Wendell, just because I post a thread doesn't mean you have to respond. Honestly, don't you have financial models to misrepresent?

arkady
08-25-2004, 12:10 PM
This is a play that I like to pull more than I should, BUT...after SB pulled that stop and go - he is going to showdown. I think given that piece of knowledge, I would simply fold on the river.

sfer
08-25-2004, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, don't you have financial models to misrepresent?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh. Am I under oath again?

So are you working or not? I'd love to join a company right after they IPO and everyone's rich. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bisonbison
08-26-2004, 02:03 AM
I haven't had an interview yet, but should have one by end of next week.