PDA

View Full Version : playing KJs correctly?

Mikey2k4
08-25-2004, 04:50 AM
Should I be consolidating these hands into one post?

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

Turn: (4.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

River: (10.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 13.75 BB, between Hero, MP3 and CO.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by CO (13.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Jh Kh (two pair, kings and jacks).
MP3 shows Ks 9d (two pair, kings and tens).
CO shows Js Qc (straight, ace high).
Outcome: CO wins 13.75 BB. </font>

I guess the moral of the story is that it sucks to be second best. Anything I should have done differently?

House-Lion
08-25-2004, 05:52 AM
Bet the flop.

Check the river, it's 4 to a straight missing olny the Q for a Broadway-str, it's also 3 to a flush and that is what saves you from being raised here (your turn and river-bet and MP3's call could imply some sort of flush-draw) + the remote chance someone would have a full house here.

MP3 and CO's loose call preflop will make you money in the long run.

jt1
08-25-2004, 06:04 AM
this is micro limit hand

i think you are beat here. I'd only check river, and might not call.

bet flop

KJs is table dependent in EP, i think. Versus loose cold callers then, yes, raise. Very tight players, also raise. but i think the average table warrants a limp. of course this is micro so the first scenario is probably true.