PDA

View Full Version : paradisepoker.com review.

thesanch
08-25-2004, 03:52 AM
yo,
I have a limited bankroll so I've been playing 0.01/0.02 on Ultimate Bet. But I saw that Paradise has 0.02/0.04 & 0.05/0.10. I would really like to know what you all think about this site and how the people generally play here (tight/loose etc).

Thanks in advance.
-TheSanch

gavrilo
08-25-2004, 04:17 AM
I can't imagine that any of these games would be tight, expect very loose, very multiway and raise means nothing.

MarkL444
08-25-2004, 05:21 AM
i dont play at either so i dont know about the sites themselves, but im pretty sure the .01/.02 and .05/.10 play the same

Al Mirpuri
08-25-2004, 06:59 AM
I have played in these games. I crushed them averaging $2 per hour by multitabling.

Leo Bello
08-25-2004, 10:27 AM
Playing at these limits it gets very difficult to rate players. They play anything. The only advice I can give, is if you want to beat these games, you should play with your cards, cause u won´t be able to throw bluffs and semi-bluffs, your raises and all-ins will always get callers and so on.

In respect to your question, Paradise has one of the best software, and in higher limits good players. It offers a wide variety of levels as you can see. I used to play a lot over there.

Kc Kash
09-05-2004, 01:27 AM
ive played paradise for about a year, ive also tried every other site out there, paradise is by far unrivaled in every area in poker it is the best out there. of course you will still have stupid players but thats anywhere you go.

AncientPC
09-05-2004, 02:31 AM
My thread on Paradise Poker:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=begin&Number=982638&fpart= 1&PHPSESSID=

I've played about 5,000 hands at Paradise starting from Wednesday.

NL 25 and .5/1 are soft in a tight/weak or loose/passive fashion (unlike Party's counterparts which is massive LAG) so there's less variance. However the games are slower and you can only multitable 3 tables instead of the usual 4.

I played about 50 hands at 0.02/0.04 and it's crazy. It massive LAG, betting gets capped pre and post flop a lot.

I've only played a couple hundred hands combined at Paradise 1/2 shorthand and full ring games. The game is surprisingly much tighter (flop seen % is half what it is in .5/1) with better players.

herk
09-05-2004, 08:51 AM
I started at Paradise with VERY limited funds ($20 was all I could really spare) a few months ago. Those low limits seem like a great place to build up. They added .10/.20 and .25/.50 not too long ago, which is also great for bridging the gap between .05/.10 and .50/1. I don't often see tables where the betting is capped preflop regularly, but raises generally don't change the 7-10 people seeing the flop, and there'll always be a couple willing to call you down to and beyond the river.

Also have $2 NL tables as well, occasional $1 multi tourneys, and very soft $5 and $10 sit and go's. It's not uncommon to fold an orbit on a sit and go on a weekend night and see half your table gone within those first 10 hands. I've made alot of progress there and have even sat in a couple $20 sngs, and even there I've found absolutely terrible players lurking in the field.

I also love their UI. I've since opened an account at Stars and I have to force myself to use it because I just don't dig the UI. The micro-limit tables at Stars also seem a little bit more tricky.

In short I quite reccommend it. I've only played for cash at a couple sites and fake money at a few more, but they've got a lock on my fav UI, and the easiest micro-limit money I've seen.