PDA

View Full Version : AKo 100-200

mike l.
08-25-2004, 03:49 AM
i have AKo in the bb. a crummy player raises utg+1, utg+2 cold calls, a sort of aggressive not too good player who 3 bets, button cold calls, sb calls, they are fish, i flat call, utg+1 and utg+2 both calls 6 of us.

the flop is Ac3c3s. checked to 3 bettor who bets, button and sb call, i checkraise, utg+1 and 2 both fold, raiser calls, all call. 4 of us.

the turn is 8h. i bet, preflop 3 bettor raises, folded to me and i 3 bet, he calls.

the river is 9d. i bet, he hesitates awhile then raises, and i call.

comments?

Michael Davis
08-25-2004, 03:51 AM
I like how you make sure to get the 54 and J3 hands on the board before AK.

-Michael

ike
08-25-2004, 05:08 AM
Because your flop checkraise telegraphs your hand pretty well, I would think the turn raise has TPTK beat or tied alot here unless this guy is horrible. Specifically, I think he has 88 a huge portion of the time. If he's capable of having A8 that also seems likely. I'm definetly not folding, but I don't see any reason to put any more bets in than necessary.

VarlosZ
08-25-2004, 05:15 AM
Where do you find these $100-$200 games that are filled with so many supposedly awful players?

FishyWhale
08-25-2004, 06:46 AM
This is one of those hands where a case could be made for calling the turn and betting the river no matter what, because you are either way ahead (and your opponent might fold to 3-bet) or way behind on turn (so you will lose one less if you get raised again on river; sometimes your opponent will also raise you with lesser hands than yours).

Noo Yawk
08-25-2004, 09:07 AM
"comments"

AKo is too premium a hand for you. Unless of course you miss and go 85 bets on the river and win when your opponent folds to the 86th bet. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Robk
08-25-2004, 09:59 AM
I think you played it right. Based on um the 5 other hands I've read from this game it looks like his turn raise could be AQ-AT (maybe worse) or two clubs, so Ak seems like a big favorite against the range. What do you think about check calling the river? If he's so aggressive that he would bet an ace on the river even after you three bet then you save lots of money, but maybe that's too much to expect even from these wacky 100-200 players.

mikelow
08-25-2004, 10:56 AM
Looks like you chopped this one. Since a three is unlikely, I might consider a three-bet on the river and hope he doesn't have AA.

But I'm sure concern about AA kept you from reraising the river.

El Dukie
08-25-2004, 11:05 AM
I haven't looked at the other replies yet, but I think you won this one. His hesitation on the river probably means he's debating whether or not you'd call 2 more bets preflop with a 3 in your hand. This is either a split vs. his AK, or you win vs. his weaker Ace or lower Pocket Pair. I think he's putting you on a flush draw that missed and raising with his AK, AQ, or Pair of TT - KK. (Probably KK or QQ, considering the 3-bet preflop.) But I doubt he'd raise the turn with a lower pair if there's an Ace on the board. (You describe him as aggressive, but would he have 3-bet preflop with AQ or AJs?)

James282
08-25-2004, 11:06 AM
Hey Mike - cold call for 2 bets looks almost always like JJ or AK when it's a solid player from the BB. I would cap it up and let them worry about it later. Of course, he probably had AQ and you gained bets from deception.

As for the flop - I know the pot is huge...but aside from runner runner draws there's no point in clearing the field. I think I'd be happy enough letting them come along with 77 or whatever other garbage they want to the turn, and jamming then.
-James

elindauer
08-25-2004, 11:07 AM
Looks good. Chop it up.

There's a small chance you beat AQ, and a smaller chance you lost to 88. Since it appears your opponent may just call with 88, a reraise might be slightly profitable, crazy as that sounds. You're offering 2:1 though, so if you give your opponent much credit for acting here, just calling is best.

my 2 cents.
Eric

nykenny
08-25-2004, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think he's putting you on a flush draw that missed and raising with his Pair of TT - KK. (Probably KK or QQ).

[/ QUOTE ]

u must be joking?

El Dukie
08-25-2004, 11:13 AM
Brain cramp. Check my edited reply. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

mike l.
08-25-2004, 01:42 PM
commerce

mike l.
08-25-2004, 01:44 PM
"You describe him as aggressive, but would he have 3-bet preflop with AQ or AJs?"

in a heartbeat. and KQ, KJ, KT, A9, A8, etc, etc, etc. you get the picture. basically these guys would all seem like complete maniacs to you.

mike l.
08-25-2004, 01:47 PM
not a lot to say about this one really. i was so so so happy w/ the flop and with my 3 bet on the turn. i was convinced on the turn that i either had him badly beat and he had AQ or worse or that i was freerolling in a sense and could represent a 3 while he had the other AK.

of course i was sorely disappointed when he raised the river and i called and he showed 88. i lost.

nef
08-25-2004, 02:19 PM
What were you planning on doing if he 4-bet the turn?

I like the turn 3-bet if:
1) He would 3-bet a weak Ace pre-flop
2) He would raise this turn with a weak Ace (rather than 3-bet on the flop)
3) He will not fold a weak Ace to a turn 3-bet
4) You know what to do if he 4-bets the turn

mike l.
08-25-2004, 02:20 PM
"What were you planning on doing if he 4-bet the turn?"

call down w/ a big ugly frown on my face. the pot is huge. im not dumping AK here.