PDA

View Full Version : hooray for straight-flushes

MicroBob
08-25-2004, 01:21 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks,

Flop: (5.33 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.66 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (10.66 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">
hero ??????

Nick709
08-25-2004, 01:27 AM
Raises
You are probably not going to get overcalls and if MP has the ace he will cap it with you

Edit: Anyone like raising preflop?

Richard Berg
08-25-2004, 01:31 AM
An ace probably would've been heard from by now -- even weak singletons have had a great draw from the flop onward. Raise anyway.

Raising preflop is probably neutral EV, more if you have thinking opponents.

pistol78
08-25-2004, 01:33 AM
I think a call is in order here. If you raise, Do you think these are opponents that will fold a heart for 2 cold? If not than raising now is good but i think you will most likely get them 2 to fold and only get serious action from the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif. The real problem would be on the river, if both other players between you and MP2 call. If mp2 bets the river do you raise or let the other 2 call . Hmmmm

Average Scenario, (river)
MP2 bets, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG + 1 calls, 3BB

Best Scenario (river)
MP2 bets, Hero raises, UTG calls, UTG +1 calls, MP2 reraises, Hero caps, UTG calls, UTG +1 calls, 12BB

Worst Scenario (river
Mp2 bets, Hero raises, UTG folds, UTG +1 folds, Mp2 calls 2BB

Which way do we go?

I apoligize I read this hand wrong I thought the 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif came on the TURN, I failed to see that it was the river.

However, How would we play this hand if the 7 did come on the turn?

MicroBob
08-25-2004, 01:34 AM
yup.
i know this was kind of an easy one....

but my initial instinct was to just 'call with my monster' because i don't want to lose the other players.
multi-tabling you usually don't get TOO long to think it through.

but this guy just woke-up....i think he HAS to have an ace....i HAVE to give him a chance to re-raise with his K or A.

happily, i got a cold-call in there also.

lesson i'm learning - before smooth-calling with solid hands in an effort to extract bets from the rest of the field, i really need to consider the odds of the first bettor to re-raise.
here, the chances of a re-raise were obviously VERY strong.
so smooth-calling would have been silly.

River: (10.66 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 20.66 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 20.66 BB, between MP2 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (20.66 BB).</font>

MP2 shows 3d Ah (flush, ace high).
Hero shows 9h Th (straight flush, ten high).
Outcome: Hero wins 20.66 BB.

MicroBob
08-25-2004, 01:37 AM
well....after the last couple of responses maybe it wasn't quite such an easy decision afterall.

the chance that you will get to cap it here, even against just one opponent, is better than trying to draw calls out of a couple of players who might be folding anyway.

MAxx
08-25-2004, 09:21 AM
Good decision, IMO. I think your reasoning in this hand was perfect.

sthief09
08-25-2004, 09:58 AM
you have to raise here, and your hand proves why. no amount of overcalls can make up for one guy with the A capping it with you.