PDA

View Full Version : Aqo MP.

Bob T.
08-25-2004, 01:15 AM
Online 5-10 game. Weird game. I am not getting any of the hands right before the showdown.

Very loose, passive (VLP) player open raises two to my right. Loose passive (LP) player coldcalls. I have AQ off, and think about my options, take a quick look at pokertracker, and find that neither of my two opponents have openraised in about 35 hands that I have recorded with them. I decide to fold. CO, and BB also call.

Flop is AK4 rainbow, I am wondering how I would play this hand if I was still in, VLP bets, LP calls, CO calls, BB folds.

Turn is something, Bet, call, call.

River is something, Bet, call, fold.

To borrow an old line, was I a super-genius, or a super-magoo?

Bob T.
08-25-2004, 01:21 AM
Just because they are so funny, I thought I would post them right away.

VLP had 84 suited for a flopped pair of fours.

LP had KTo for a flopped pair of kings.

I had this hand wrong before the showdown also, and put in one early vote for supermagoo.

Nick709
08-25-2004, 01:33 AM
I think raising and calling are both fine
I like threebetting
folding is silly

Bob T.
08-25-2004, 01:47 AM
folding is silly

Oh come on, it isn't that bad. If a passive player raises, and has a real hand, AQ is probably not in good shape.

You apparently aren't a big advocate of the AQ test.

Nick709
08-25-2004, 02:02 AM
The AQ test?
I don't follow.

Bob T.
08-25-2004, 02:29 AM
In 'Inside the Poker Mind' John Feeney says that you should be able to muck AQ against a tight raiser, although you should still reraise against a loose raiser. He calls the judgement that you have to make to make that decision the AQ test.

A lot of loose players are still tight raisers. On the hand in question, I checked pokertracker to see how often my opponenent had raised preflop, and when I saw that it was zero out of 35 hands, I thought that he might be a tight raiser.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

Nick709
08-25-2004, 03:28 AM
Understood
I almost never lay down AQ preflop but I can understand why you did.

BigEndian
08-25-2004, 08:33 AM
Ok fold by your initial perception. Sometimes the early numbers are deceiving - happens, right?

- Jim

Tosh
08-25-2004, 08:55 AM
Good read. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif