PDA

View Full Version : Rate my Fantasy Draft. 2 trades on the table

LondonBroil
08-25-2004, 12:41 AM
8 team draft and I draw 8th. It's a snake league so I pick 1st in the 2nd round.

Quarterback
M. Hasselbeck (pleased to grab him 5.8)
B. Favre

Running Back
D. Davis (last top 10 back left at 3.8)
T. Barber (needed another running back at 4.1)
D. Foster
B. Westbrook (Looks like instead of a backup, I'll be using him as my #2 back. Correct?)
L. Suggs

Wide Receiver
R. Moss (1.8)
M. Harrison (2.1)
I. Bruce
J. McCareins (I thought he was a steal at 9.8)
D. Branch

Tight End
R. McMichael

Kicker
M. Stover
J. Kasay

Defense
Jacksonville (Not too many defenses taken, should I trade this for a different one?)

1.8 and 2.1 I pick up Moss and Harrison. Immediately after the draft is over, I offer my friend (who picked 4th) Harrison for Ahman Green and since he got shafted on WRs, seemed ok with it and said he'd think it over.

If he refuses, I have another friend who just offered Deuce McAllister (his 5th pick) for Harrison. Was just wondering how many would accept this offer and how low on the RB totem poll you'd go and still accept a trade for Harrison.

Wanted to know if (in any expert fantasy football drafters opinion) the extra points I'd make with Ahman over my 2nd RB would be greater than it would having to start McCareins/Bruce instead of Harrison.

Scoring is:
1 pt. for 10 yds (rushing or receiving)
6 pts. for a TD (rushing or receiving)
1 point for a reception

Stew
08-25-2004, 02:17 AM
You may want to run this by Maurile as he is one of the guys involved with FootballGuys.

Don't take this wrong, but you're team isn't very good, particularly for an 8 team league. You're very weak at QB, which wouldn't be that big of a deal, except you are awful at RB. I like Davis as a RB but he isn't a number one back. You can be weak at QB if you are strong at RB and you're not.

Your receivers are very nice, but I've never seen a team with two of the best WR's win a fantasy league and I've been doing fantasy football since 89.

I'd do either one of those trades in a hearbeat, in fact, I'd be tempted to unload both Harrison and Moss for those two backs if you could swing it.

Anyway, I think you definitely need to upgrade to a better RB for the sake of one of those WR's in my opinion.

bugstud
08-25-2004, 03:04 AM
if I was to do your strat I'd have taken Tony G in round 3..

But getting either ahman or duece for harrison would help you out a lot.

What scoring system, starting positions and who were your options at #8/9? Harrison was a major reach imo there.

jwvdcw
08-25-2004, 03:33 AM
I'm also a FBG. I mentioned this in the other thread, but why on earth would your opponents trade their 1st round pick for your 2nd round pick straight up? I would gladly take either of those deals. Factor in that you're short on quality RBs, and its a no-brainer.

Daliman
08-25-2004, 05:17 AM
On the face of it, it seem WR's are worth more since they get 1 pt per rec, but a good receiving 2000 yd comined RB will leave even a 110/1600/18 performance by Moss in the dust
e.g. Moss at above stats=378 points, damn good
Rb at 70 catches, 2200 yards, 20 tds=410 points
TOmlinson, Green, and possibly Alexander I'm guessing project here, but i'm WAY behind on my draft info. Your RB's blow, and the ONLY way your team look good is if RB's d NOT get points for receptions, which is rare.

LondonBroil
08-25-2004, 10:21 AM
Thanks to everyone for the info. I'll try to get both these trades through.

bugstud
08-25-2004, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
On the face of it, it seem WR's are worth more since they get 1 pt per rec, but a good receiving 2000 yd comined RB will leave even a 110/1600/18 performance by Moss in the dust
TOmlinson, Green, and possibly Alexander I'm guessing project here, but i'm WAY behind on my draft info. Your RB's blow, and the ONLY way your team look good is if RB's d NOT get points for receptions, which is rare.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just remember that total points aren't the issue, but relative points are. Moss is an excellent pick at 8, Harrison is a slight reach but may pull out another 110 catch monster season to justify it...

Daliman
08-25-2004, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just remember that total points aren't the issue, but relative points are. Moss is an excellent pick at 8, Harrison is a slight reach but may pull out another 110 catch monster season to justify it...

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but his RB points relative to other teams which be much worse than his WR points relative are better.

SossMan
08-25-2004, 02:40 PM
huh?
if your opponents wanted harrison that bad, why didn't they take him w/ their 1st round pick? I would trade Marvin for any of the top 7 backs (LT, Green, Holmes, Alexander, McAlister, Portis, and Edge). That would help you, since you would have a starting lineup of
Hasselbeck
Green/Alexander
D. Davis
Moss
I.Bruce
mcmichael
stover
jacksonville

I still can't imagine that this team will be any good in an 8 team league...I like my 10 team leage team better

jaybee_70
08-25-2004, 03:02 PM
You need a RB. Don't get your hopes up for Green, but McCallister would be a steal for you. You are giving away too many points. What RB's did you pass on when you took Harrison? You will always get value at WR later in the draft, but you need a stud running back as early as you can get him.

Joe

eggzz
08-25-2004, 07:44 PM
And I would try to trade Harrison over Moss and try to get McAllister over Green. I like Domanick Davis enough to tell you not to trade both of those WR's. If Lee Suggs or Tiki or the other guy turn out real well for you, you might be able to upgrade QB by trading Davis, utilizing McAllister and one of those three as your second running back, but then you'd be thin. You need some divine intervention for this all to fall in place for you. Good luck

Gallopin Gael
08-26-2004, 04:03 PM
Don't know if you've made the trades already, but I ran the scoring system and projected totals for the players through my cheatsheet complier.

The top ten were:
Tomlinson
Holmes
McAllister
Green
Holt
Moss
Barlow
Jamal Lewis
Portis
and Harrison.

I'd make either of those trades in a heartbeat. You'd be getting a number 3 or 4 guy for the number 10.

And how can I join your league next year. Looks like a +EV league. /images/graemlins/grin.gif