PDA

View Full Version : Help with pocket tens in middle position

Kopefire
08-24-2004, 08:59 PM
I'm fairly new to this so just looking for some insight into if I played this right or not.

I'm dealt pocket tens /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and /images/graemlins/heart.gif, in middle position on a 10 handed, .5/1 table on Party Pocker.

There's two calls in front of me, I raise and it folds to the button who calls, SB folds, and BB calls, everyone else folds.

Flop comes 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB bets, I raise, button calls, BB calls.

Turn comes J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checks, I bet, call, call.

River is 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, again I bet and get called.

BB had A /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif and wins with 2 jacks.

Is there anything here I did wrong or is this the right way to play this hand? I just can't figure out why he'd check on the turn and then not raise if a bet's in front of him? And why stay till the turn on AJo when the flop misses you completely? What am I missing?

Should I have folded because it was multiway to the turn? Could I have done anything differently to try and win this pot?

maurile
08-24-2004, 09:05 PM
You played it perfectly.

Rubeskies
08-24-2004, 09:08 PM
This looks pretty standard to me.

Also just a suggestion but generally .5/1 games are posted in microlimit forum. Not that it makes much of a difference.

Richard Berg
08-25-2004, 12:16 AM
You played it perfectly.

BB was getting 15:1 odds to call the flop. Even if he put you on KK/QQ/JJ, his 3 Ace outs are enough. In real life, you could have TT/99/AK, or be a typical .5/1 maniac, or whatever -- including implied odds, folding is terrible.

Not raising the J after your bet trapped everyone was questionable, but lots of people are weak-tight.