PDA

View Full Version : To weak/passive with QKs?

MoDOH
08-24-2004, 07:01 PM
only read is that MP2 is really tight passive.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Donīt feel comfortable raising with QKs here. but I canīt really fold either...

Flop: (14 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

OESD with an backdoor flush I know I prob should have raised here but I chickened out...

Turn: (11 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds.

T /images/graemlins/spade.gif gives me a straight fluh draw and I bet out hoping to fold any A out there in case I donīt improve...

River: (13 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Value Bet here?? heīs been calling/checking all the way but I figure I wouldnīt gain anything by betting in this spot...

Final Pot: 13 BB

BottlesOf
08-24-2004, 07:08 PM
Interesting. I used to never coldcall, now after reading some SSH, I'm starting to think I can with my KQs, AJs, etc. in the right spots. This seems to be one of them.

I think the flop needs to be 3-bet.

As for the river, I can't see a value bet. Maybe knock him off a busted draw, but not a value bet.

MoreWineII
08-24-2004, 07:15 PM
Overall it looks fine to me. I might 3-bet the flop hoping to get a cheap turn card.

I don't think a river bet does much. Villian called 2 cold on the flop so he must have something. Other than an OESD, what draw did he miss? And if he has OESD, then you win or chop anyway.

Edit: I see what you meant with getting aces to fold.

JTG51
08-24-2004, 07:22 PM
Value Bet here?? heīs been calling/checking all the way but I figure I wouldnīt gain anything by betting in this spot...

If you bet the river it's to get him to fold Ace high, not for value.