PDA

View Full Version : Passive Play on PartyPoker

jac394
08-24-2004, 05:08 PM
Following is why I really like PartyPoker, even though you will get some river beats. Based on what my opponents held, there should have been no reason for me to be in this hand (if they would not have limped in). This hand is an example of the entire session I just finished. Played about 1.5 hrs and averaged over 17BB/hr according to PT.

<font color="blue">Now for a little self-analysis - I probably should have checked on the turn hoping to induce a bet that I could then raise, but that may have caused a player or two to drop out. I think I may have gotten maximum value out of this after the flop (when I should not have been in the hand.)</font>

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12.50 BB, between Button, Hero, UTG and MP2.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (12.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Qh 4h (two pair, queens and fours).
UTG shows Ah Td (one pair, aces).
MP2 shows Jh As (one pair, aces).
Button shows Ad Ts (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 12.50 BB. </font>

<font color="blue">Let me know if you think I could have gotten any additional bets from this hand. I'm just glad the majority of the players at this table were passive, and the one or two that stopped by during my session were not in this pot.</font>

JTG51
08-24-2004, 06:22 PM
I'd check raise the turn some of the time, depending on who the opponents are, but you played it just fine.

coyote
08-24-2004, 06:35 PM
the flop play may have been passive by the villians, but I really don't see any of the hands as raising hands preflop. especially after UTG has limped in.

JTG51
08-24-2004, 06:37 PM
Not raising AJ from MP after one limper is a significant mistake. I'd also raise ATo on the button against two limpers if I knew they were really bad.