PDA

View Full Version : Help!

ThingDo
08-24-2004, 04:30 PM
Hey guys. I've been having trouble as of late at the end of my SnG's. I'm sure that it has something to do w/ the fact that I'm playing the very low buyin SnG's on party. The 5's and 10's. I consistently do well in the 20+2's and the 30+3 games, but the 5's and 10's are killing me. I've tryed to adjust and have played much much tighter, I'm not bluffing at all and pretty much playing straight forward poker for the most part. I feel that this is the best way to go about playing these low buy-in SnG's. However, that being said... when it gets down to 4-5 players and the blinds are big in relation to the stacks I'm having problems choosing which hands to raise with and at what frequency. Players generally see me as a tighter player, but I keep getting action on my raises in the form of calls mostly, but recently more and more players are coming over the top on me when I have a marginal hand. Like KQs and AT and AJ etc. I don't feel comfortable calling with these hands. So that being the case if I don't feel comfortable calling with these hands should I not be raising them at all? Push w/ them so I don't have to make these kinds of deciisions? My raises at these late stages have been to 2.5xBB and 3x the BB only. Please help. Thanks in advance

Lori
08-24-2004, 05:50 PM
From the start of the game, pay extra attention to the two or three players to your left.

When the game develops toward the endgame, you should feel more comfortable about who is likely to fold, and who might be reraising you.

Lori

SmileyEH
08-24-2004, 05:56 PM
Once the blinds are big relative to your stack ( < 8xBB) just push preflop to avoid these decisions.

-SmileyEH