PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for bookkeeping dollars when playing at UK (GBP) sites?

guppy
08-24-2004, 02:55 PM
I have a spreadsheet for my poker results that includes the poker room, game/limit, time, buyin, cashout. Among other things it lets me keep a running total of my current YTD win, and my current win/loss and balance at each poker room I play in.

Sometimes I play GBP tables at Crypto sites, and just convert buyin/cashout to dollars for my spreadsheet.

But I also have accounts at totalbet (and now UKbetting) which are denominated in GBP. I've been tracking by converting everything to dollars, which is the most useful thing for my win/loss tracking. But with fluctuating exchange rates, I can never exactly match up my online balance with my spreadsheet (although they are close, within a few dollars). If a lot of money disappeared from my Totalbet account, I would notice it, but it's a little annoying when I'm trying to check to see if my monthly playing bonuses or special hand bonuses have been credited to not know exactly what my real balance is supposed to be.

I've also considered tracking my results in "currency units" (so I would measure all Totalbet results and balance in GBP) and when I deposit/withdraw treating the currency conversion as a fee or bonus. E.g. I deposit $185 and pay a huge deposit "fee" of $85 (to get 100 GBP), then later cashout "$200" (really GBP) and collect a "bonus" of $160 or so.

Anyone have a similar problem and a solution they like?