PDA

View Full Version : King on the rag...

tolbiny
08-24-2004, 02:29 PM
10/20 game- but its the same crowd as my 5/10 game so i am posting it here (i dont really think that 10/20 is mid stakes anyway).

three limpers to me in the cutoff, i call with K2s button folds blinds call/check.

Relevent players- Sb- young guy who thinks poker is about bluffing opponents/making big laydowns- has pretty piss poor preflop prefrences.
BB- another young guy, deals alot slightly better preflop than sb. usually halfway through the night his prosac wears off and he goes Lag for a couple of orbits- cools down for a few and then does it again.

Flop comes 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif

sb checks, bb bets one caller, i raise, sb calls, bb calls ep caller calls.

turn 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif sb checks, bb checks, ep checks, i bet sb calls bb raises ep folds, i call sb reraises bb calls sb calls.

river K /images/graemlins/club.gif sb bets
bb "heart flush is no good huh?" calls
sb "nope"
i raise
sb three bets
bb "mother f***er" calls

Victor
08-24-2004, 03:57 PM
nice hit lucky

can you teach me that trick

bisonbison
08-24-2004, 04:13 PM
I hope you capped the river.

tolbiny
08-24-2004, 04:50 PM
i didn't
i was a POONANI Biatch. I call in this situation far to quickly- obviously he didnt have JJ or he would have raised preflop, and KK the same- basically he had 99 which was unlikely since calling two cold n the flop would have been tough/raiseing preflop would have been in his character. or he had an A high flush, or 92 or J2.
i really need to start thinking about reasonable ranges of hands based on all of the action, not just one or two streets.