PDA

View Full Version : Site and Game Selection

4spades
08-24-2004, 01:11 PM
I've been taking a break from poker for some time now (about 8 months) to focus on other pursuits. I cashed out my 2 online accounts (Paradise and Royal Vegas). But I now have the itch to get back in the game. I'd like to think of myself as a fairly knowledgable player and have had some success in the past, playing mostly $1/$2, $2/$4/ and $10 SnG's. I'm looking to make a deposit onto one or two sites and given the consistantly changing landscape of the online poker world I was wondering where I might find the best (softest) games. Party, UB, Pokerstars, Gaming Club, etc... Any advice?

Thanks in advance

Wahoo91
08-24-2004, 02:52 PM
Pacific is the softest game by a mile.

namknils
08-24-2004, 04:48 PM
Look in to opening a Neteller account so you can take advantage of a fishy game at any site, deposits from Neteller to most (all?) sites are instantaneous.

I think that PartyPoker has the softest games.

-nam

GrEEntEabOii
08-24-2004, 04:55 PM
so is party or pacific softer? Which is the softest to play at? I currently play at party and have no other sites to compare to so I'm not sure if it is soft.

mrjim
08-24-2004, 05:12 PM
Pacific is softer, but there are a lot of downsides like one table only, terrible software, really slow play etc. Stick with Party, but you can plan an extra table at Pacific at the same time if you like.

submariner
08-24-2004, 08:22 PM
What's it like trying to clear a bonus at Pacific?

Cleveland Guy
08-25-2004, 09:06 AM
I think most sites have plenty of fish at the lower levels.

I was playing pokerroom last night - saw a guy cold call a 3bet with 83o.

Saw another 2 guys re-raise each other into a board with a flush (including the 2). Neither had any card to the flush in their hand. Amazing, betting and calling 3bets on the boards flush down to the 2.