PDA

View Full Version : Routine??

JDErickson
08-24-2004, 10:20 AM
Or misplayed??

Opponent a calling station

Absolute Poker 3/6 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: (4.16 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (6.16 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6.16 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 6.16 BB, between BB and Hero.</font>

Tosh
08-24-2004, 10:25 AM
Good till you checked the river.

StellarWind
08-24-2004, 12:20 PM
Routine until the river.

On the river I expect a loose bad player to call A, K, T, 7, 5, and PP. You will be checkraised by runner-runner flush, QJ, TT, AT, and KT, but he might have bet those hands. Without an ace it seems pretty safe to fold to a checkraise.

Many "calling stations" would nevertheless have taken a chance on betting an ace at some point.

I think this is a clear river bet.

PS: I'm glad you posted this. I was happy with your play until I read Tosh. That caused me to actually start thinking about what he could have.

Trix
08-24-2004, 12:35 PM
Bet the river unless he only will call with Ax. I dont suppose thats what you meant by calling station.
Against a better opponent checking the river would prolly be good, but thing is that he would have bet his ace into you very often or shown more strenght ealier.

JDErickson
08-24-2004, 02:42 PM
During a bad run when you are getting killed by the any A players it hard to remember the correct play regardless. I should have bet the river.

Opponent had JTo

StellarWind
08-24-2004, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Against a better opponent checking the river would prolly be good, but thing is that he would have bet his ace into you very often or shown more strenght ealier.

[/ QUOTE ]
A good player would need an ace or king to even be here. Something that could beat a pocket pair. With such a hand against an aggressive raiser, call-call-call would be a good line. It's a pretty classic far ahead/far behind situation so why should he bet?

Checking behind would be a good idea in this case because you lose a lot more often than you win.

Trix
08-24-2004, 04:02 PM
Because he is out of position.