PDA

View Full Version : Percentage of Players Defeated

JessiBird
08-24-2004, 10:19 AM
I am fairly new to Online Multi-Table Tournaments and I was just looking for some comparisons. I keep a listing of my tournament records including the average number of players that I outplace. Right now, I average finishing in the top 20% in all tournaments. I try to look for mid-level ($50-$100) entries that have a lot of players - good potential pay offs. Does anyone have a comparison of my finishing position?

MLG
08-24-2004, 01:14 PM
This is generally not a good way to keep track of your success rate. If only the top 10% get paid it doesn't matter if you outlast 3% of the field or 89% of the field, you still don't money. Keeping track in the manner you are will encourage you to play too tight, and not take the gambles necessary to make the big money (moving all-in to steal blinds, reraising all-in with AK).

fnord_too
08-25-2004, 09:25 AM
I really only keep track of my total net to total buy in ratio. I certainly remember my final tables, and keep a rough mental tally of my final table percentage, and top 3 / final table appearances (this I will probably break out on my spreadsheets soon). I have all the entrant and finsh data recorded, but I just don't average them.