PDA

View Full Version : Party 2/4 blind fight

Fnord
08-24-2004, 06:30 AM
SB is loose and aggressive but not crazy. I really like the way he played his hand.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Fnord is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, Fnord checks.

<font color="blue">Not enough hand to raise here as he's almost never folding and probably 3-bets a wide range of hands. Plan is to see a flop and beat him over the head if it hits.</font>

Flop: (2 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Fnord bets</font>, SB calls.

<font color="blue">2nd nut flush draw + 1 over is enough to bet as he might fold to the mono-tone.</font>

Turn: (2 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Fnord calls.

<font color="blue">Given the small pot his bet puts me in an interesting position as I have 12-15 outs to any pair with only 1 card to come. Getting 3-bet would be a disaster and not sure he folds often enough to a raise. Folding would be wrong too, so that leaves calling.</font>

River: (4 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Fnord folds.

<font color="blue">Small pot so I don't see a call w/ King high +EV, so the only reason I can see to call would be for image/information.</font>

Final Pot: 5 BB

jt1
08-24-2004, 07:20 AM
I raise the turn. He doesn't think you have anything and he's upset at himself for being too passive thus far. If he has that 6, he probably would have check raised you.

Fnord
08-24-2004, 07:33 AM
Fair enough, but I think this guy is going to need to see a hand and if I hit he would over-play whatever he does or does not have.

44 hands, 80% VP$IP, 54% of all hands go to showdown.

jt1
08-24-2004, 07:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
44 hands, 80% VP$IP, 54% of all hands go to showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not an easy situation, but my guess is that you have a better hand than he does, and a raise should fold him if he doesn't have ace high or better, freeing you from a 4 outer on river. It also gives you the showdown. So you gotta calculate. You have at least 11 outs so do you have the better hand 27% of the time or more?