PDA

View Full Version : Complaint about 2+2 books

judgesmails
08-24-2004, 05:36 AM
Sorry if this has been addressed already. I own many 2+2 poker publications, and recently purchased SSHE. The books bindings do not hold up well to multiple readings. Is there any way to get hardcover copies of these books? I have to buy second copies of a couple of these books and would like to find hardcover so I don't have to buy the book a third time.

jdl22
08-24-2004, 05:54 AM
I personally haven't had any problems. Some here have said that they cut the binding off, punch holes in the pages and use a binder.

I'm sure Mason or someone will step up and answer this legal question. Is it acceptable to make photocopies of the text for the sole purpose of reading it yourself so as not to destroy the books?

RiverMel
08-24-2004, 07:03 AM
Are you kidding? Of course it's acceptable.

moondogg
08-24-2004, 07:33 AM
Interestingly enough, the single worst binding I've encountered in a poker book is WLLH.

LeapingGnome
08-24-2004, 09:28 AM
I agree. WLLH fell apart a week after I bought, a whole chapter plus other pages just fell out. I exchanged it for another copy and two weeks later that one had pages falling out too! Luckily by that time I was finished with it, but it would be a major pain if I needed to re-read it.

byronkincaid
08-24-2004, 09:53 AM
Yep my copy of WLLH fell apart after 2 days.

08-24-2004, 10:39 AM
Lee Jones made a post about the binding problems of WLLH a few months ago. The post was addressing some complaints from some posters that their copy of WLLH was falling apart after the first read.

According to Lee, the first run had binding issues but has since been corrected.

theghost
08-24-2004, 12:16 PM
The binding on my copy of WLLH 2nd ed. has withstood much abuse.

I have always considered 2+2 books to have quality paper/bindings, though they may be batchy (so some books may be worse than others).

SSH seems to have a lower quality paper used for its cover than other 2+2 books, but the pages are the same high quality it seems. Never have lost pages from any 2+2 book.

Oski
08-24-2004, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree. WLLH fell apart a week after I bought, a whole chapter plus other pages just fell out. I exchanged it for another copy and two weeks later that one had pages falling out too! Luckily by that time I was finished with it, but it would be a major pain if I needed to re-read it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not too bad. After reading Hellmuth's "Play Poker Like the Pros" my HAIR fell out.

djack
08-24-2004, 12:34 PM
eh, buy it again. DS and MM deserve it. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

JAque
08-24-2004, 12:44 PM
I think Mason will replace the book if the binding is defected.

JAque