PDA

View Full Version : JJ at the Stone...

W. Deranged
08-24-2004, 12:20 AM
3/6 at the Stone. MP is a decent player, with the ability to make some tricky plays, but seems a little on the weak side.

Deranged is UTG + 2 with J /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif.

Pre-flop: Two folds to Deranged who raises. One fold. MP Raises. Folded around to Deranged who calls. Two to the flop for 7.5 sb.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Deranged bets, MP calls. Two see the turn for 5.75 BB.

Turn: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Deranged bets, MP calls. Two see the turn for 7.75 BB.

River: 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Deranged bets, MP calls.

Showdown between Deranged and MP. 9.75 bb.

I think pre-flop this is pretty straightforward. My main question is what people put MP on after he calls the flop and calls the turn. His comments after the hand were over were interesting.

InchoateHand
08-24-2004, 12:34 AM
Off the top of my head?
I put him on 99-JJ, and AQ-AT/....
how far off am I?

JTG51
08-24-2004, 12:43 AM
Virtually every hand the 3-betting range of a player that is a little on the weak side is ahead of you on a Kxx flop. Just check and fold.

You'll be shown QQ on the river here WAY more often than TT or anything else that you beat.

slickpoppa
08-24-2004, 12:54 AM
My gut tells me that he had QQ (or the statistically less probable JJ). The most likely reraising hands are AA, KK, AK, AQ, QQ, and JJ. Since he was aggresive enough to reraise before the flop, he would certainly have raised you on the flop or turn if he had AA, KK, or AK, so I would eliminate those hands. Unless he is really weak, he would have eventually folded AQ to your show of strength (unless he happened to have AhQh and decided to call the river just for the hell of it). So that leaves QQ and JJ as his most likely holdings.
He could also have a middle or low pocket pair, but if he is the type that would reraise preflop with them, he would prob also raise with them if he were heads up after the flop. I guess the last somewhat likely possibility is that he reraised preflop with KQ, but then got worried you had AK, but could not lay down the KQ.

So my best guess is he had QQ.

Eihli
08-24-2004, 01:01 AM
This is just because you read MP as a decent player right? You wouldn't do this against the average 2/4 or 3/6 player at partypoker would you?

JTG51
08-24-2004, 01:13 AM
I'd do it against anyone that I thought had tight 3-betting standards.

W. Deranged
08-24-2004, 01:31 AM
I somewhat expected to lose this hand to QQ, but figured that TT, 99, AQ, even AJ combined were remote enough possibilities that betting out would be correct. What is more, I figured there was an off chance QQ might fold at some point, giving each bet a little extra value.

W. Deranged
08-24-2004, 01:38 AM
I turn over JJ expecting to win a little more than half the time and be shown QQ the rest.

MP turns over AA (!!!)

His comment was "I read you for AK..."

And he didn't raise the flop because...

Danny1015
08-25-2004, 11:07 PM
I dont blame you - you had to make the call.