PDA

View Full Version : Trolled last couple days... must read for SNG forum readers

Jurollo
08-23-2004, 11:35 PM
Just trolled a little the last few days and there seems to be so many posts about runs of 10-15 bad SNGs, with most out of the money. I am even guilty myself. But we should get a mod to pin a thread at the top of this forum for everyone to read. Simply put, it is impossible to put any reasonable assumption on a span of 20 SNGs. Swings happen, while poker is "skill", it still has an inherent luck factor and rather than the multiple posts of bad runs which span 20 or less. These kind of tournments have to be measured in at least sets of 400-500 and even then it is not an exact science. Also posts which exclaim dominance over a level through 20-100 SNGs should be banned from the board as well. This board is rich in theory and strategy and I am thankful for that. However, people desperately need to realize that posts such as "i have lost 6 in a row, should I move down" need to cease. Individual hand analysis definately has its place as well here, I am only picking on the two types of post mentioned throughout this rant and hopefully this post can at least cut down on this type of clutter on the forum. Ok back to my posting vacation. Thank you.