PDA

View Full Version : flopping middle pair in a shorthanded game

gamblore99
08-23-2004, 09:30 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls,

Flop: (4.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (3.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 3.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 3.25 BB, between Hero and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (3.25 BB).</font>

I have a lot of trouble playing shorthanded. All comments appreciated.

gamblore99
08-24-2004, 12:09 PM
anybody?

Johnny_Cash_Advance
08-24-2004, 12:29 PM
I would have definitely continued to fire at this guy on the turn. Heads-up like this I wouldn't be too worried about a J or even KQ after the T on 4th st. Now, if he raised you that would be a different story. Maybe check behind him on the river, but I'd probably bet. When you're playing shorthanded you can get away with more agression IMHO.

dfscott
08-24-2004, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have definitely continued to fire at this guy on the turn. Heads-up like this I wouldn't be too worried about a J or even KQ after the T on 4th st. Now, if he raised you that would be a different story. Maybe check behind him on the river, but I'd probably bet. When you're playing shorthanded you can get away with more agression IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. HEFAP talks about ignoring the top card of the flop when you're shorthanded, playing middle pair like top pair. I think this is case where you can apply that logic.