PDA

View Full Version : Bay 101 3/6 Hand #1

bakku
08-23-2004, 09:09 PM
Table is actually a bit tight, not as loose as usual CA tables

I limp A9s UTG+1, MP limps, button checks, unknown BB raises, we all call. (4 to the flop for 7.5SB.)

Flop comes T9x with one of my suit. BB bets, I raise, MP coldcalls, button calls, BB 3-bets, I call, MP calls, button folds. (3 to the turn for 8BB)

Turn is an A. BB bets, I raise, MP looks disgusted and thinks for awhile before coldcalling, BB 3-bets, I?? (15BB in the pot)

bisonbison
08-24-2004, 12:44 AM
well, I don't think folding is an option.

MP may have QJ, 87, T9 or AT. He may also just suck. Smells like BB has TT, the less likely AA or a wildly overplayed good ace or high pair.

I would call and river an ace.

W. Deranged
08-24-2004, 12:54 AM
Maybe MP really sucks and is super-slow playing KK. His reaction to the A could just be a realization that he sucks before he procedes to give his money away.

I think that you should call down from here. The pot is massive and the big blind might be overplaying a big pair (not aces), AK, etc... And you have a couple of outs.

Another question is: how should bakku play the river if a 9 comes off? If the big blind has what seems most likely (AA or TT), then raising when the 9 comes off would be very costly. Should he simply call down the boat?

Chris Daddy Cool
08-24-2004, 05:42 AM
my advice at this spot was call the turn and fold the river unimproved.

nepenthe
08-24-2004, 06:26 AM
You're almost certainly behind and likely drawing dead or thin. A high set (TT, AA) has to be a strong possibility here, and if you decide to call down (as I probably do) it would be for your sanity much more than for any hopes of winning the pot.

bakku
08-24-2004, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're almost certainly behind and likely drawing dead or thin. A high set (TT, AA) has to be a strong possibility here, and if you decide to call down (as I probably do) it would be for your sanity much more than for any hopes of winning the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually why I called down, I felt like I was definitely behind and drawing very slim to dead. I called the turn as did the MP player. River came an 8. BB looks disgusted and now checks?! I was pretty sure I was still behind despite his check, he seemed scared of a straight draw getting there. MP checked behind. BB turned over ATs for the winner and MP claims to have had T9s.