PDA

View Full Version : Pocket 3s...Hit Good...Bad Flop....Turn Better...Look for best play

RED_RAIN
08-23-2004, 09:03 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $3.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO (poster) checks, Hero calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Score, no raise and on the button.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls.

Bastard flop, sorta.

Turn: (9.16 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

River: (15.16 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 21.16 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 21.16 BB, between UTG+2, MP1 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (21.16 BB).</font>

I'm pretty sure I won, given the action, but is there a better way to play this hand?

spamuell
10-29-2004, 09:18 AM
Why did you not cap the flop?

chesspain
10-29-2004, 09:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why did you not cap the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

This type of play has been debated here in the past. I vaguely remember Joe Tall opining that it was sometimes better to wait for a non-flush card to fall on the turn before going into war-mode.

Joe Tall
10-29-2004, 11:03 AM
I vaguely remember Joe Tall opining that it was sometimes better to wait for a non-flush card to fall on the turn before going into war-mode.

I can't remember the exact thread but I think somewhere through it I agreed w/the flop war. I also believe that situation was heads-up, whereas, this one is not. Here, with 2 overcallers, capping the flop is a must as you are getting a field to pay through the nose to continue w/their high-/images/graemlins/club.gifs.

Peace,
Joe Tall

MisterNatural
11-02-2004, 05:29 PM
Although it's not a set on the flop there was a similar discussion here in hand number one.

Quiz #2 (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=478763&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=5&amp;o =&amp;fpart=all&amp;vc=1)

Follow up discussion (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=480287&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=5&amp;o =&amp;fpart=all&amp;vc=1)

StellarWind
11-02-2004, 05:59 PM
Even if you know you are against a flopped flush, it's an easy cap with ten outs against three opponents.

Of course UTG+2 often has an ace while MP1 may think he is call-raising the singleton Q /images/graemlins/club.gif for value. Your equity in the cap is very large.