PDA

View Full Version : pocket 55

faxwoods
08-23-2004, 08:44 PM
playing a 10/20 game at local cardroom. i was small blind with pocket 55. UTG+1 raises (solid player, would raise only with big cards/pairs), everyone folds. button (he is very loose and aggresive and raises almost all pots he comes in with) 3 bets it. what should i do with my 55?? any opinions would be appreciated

haakee
08-23-2004, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
any opinions would be appreciated

[/ QUOTE ]

The only opinion you should really appreciate is this: "FOLD".

nepenthe
08-23-2004, 09:02 PM
Muck it in a heartbeat and not think twice about it.

faxwoods
08-23-2004, 09:09 PM
thanx guys, i needed u guys to make me feel better. i did exactly that and threw it in the muck. of course the flop was 9/5/2. raiser bets, button reraises, raiser calls. i stare into the ceiling and ask myself "why?" of course turn comes another 5 and now am killing myself inside. river is a 4 and eventually the button shows 9/7 suited and takes down the pot against AK. thanx for making me feel better.....

elysium
08-23-2004, 09:20 PM
hi fax

what do you do with it? fax! for crying out loud! you must return the cards to the deck. you return them. that's just common sense. you must return the cards to the deck so that the deck isn't short. you must never keep them. if you find one or both of your cards have blemishes or suspicious markings, you give the cards to the dealer advising the dealer of the marking, at which point the dealer will then destroy your two cards. then, the deck will be replaced; but even then, you must not keep them. you must return the cards to the dealer.

whenever you muck, each and every time you muck, you must return the cards to the deck.

nepenthe
08-23-2004, 10:06 PM
elysium,

dude.
d00d.
duuuuuuuuuude.

I appreciate your posts. I really do.

SGS
08-23-2004, 10:46 PM
Fold and wait for a better situation.

SGS

faxwoods
08-23-2004, 10:59 PM
elysium,
thanx for the advice. i did throw my 55 into the muck in 1 second. i just wanted to let off some steam for me hitting quads against the maniac......

mplspoker
08-23-2004, 11:47 PM
As other posters the mentioned the reason you must muck is because 55 has little showdown value in a multiway pot although you aren't getting the proper odds to hit a set b/c you have to call 2 or maybe more small bets preflop....

Mike Gallo
08-24-2004, 12:07 AM
I opt for the slow deliberating fold. The one where you agonize over folding for a solid three minutes.

I would personally do the insta fold.