PDA

View Full Version : Simple question - what is a "Straddle"

SaintAces
08-23-2004, 08:15 PM
thanks.

Greg J
08-23-2004, 08:33 PM
Lots of fun. Ask sfer.

No seriously, UTG raises before the cards are dealt. I think what seperates this from a blind raise (like that crazy homeless dude did on the WSOP broadcast a couple of weeks ago), is that the straddler can reraise when it gets to him. You have to announce a straddle before the cards are dealt. I think there was a post about proper straddling strategy on the micro limit forum, which was a pretty funny read (intentionally so). Straddling is generally not a great idea -- unless you want to create a certain table image. You raise with random cards in poor (early posistion).

I hope this answers your question -- if I got something wrong one of the other guys will correct me.

Greg J
08-23-2004, 08:34 PM
I just noticed you have a lot of posts and have been here a lot longer than me -- what gives?

ohgeetee
08-24-2004, 09:14 AM
a lot of poker terms tend to be geographic. I hadn't known what a straddle was either until a couple of months ago from reading the forum, but wouldn't call myself a poker newb.

Greg J
08-24-2004, 09:01 PM
Okay /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I was not trying to be condescending or anything.

SaintAces
08-25-2004, 11:19 PM
VERY rarely play limit.

thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.

Wahoo91
08-25-2004, 11:26 PM
I thought a straddle was a sexual manuever involving two women and one guy and involved spanking.