PDA

View Full Version : AJs in SB

Ralph Wiggum
08-23-2004, 05:54 PM
I thought the flop play was routine. At the turn, I planned to let MP3 bet, so he'd be all-in, and then I'd C/R the CO, but CO raised first, so I was lost. Overall, I'm not sure about how I played it. It feels bad. Comments/Criticism appreciated.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets $2 (All-In)</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11 BB, between MP3, CO and Hero.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 4 BB, between CO and Hero.</font>

MarkD
08-23-2004, 06:27 PM
I would tend to 3-bet pre-flop.

Given that you didn't then betting the flop hoping to get 3-bet is the play. That is a monster flop for your hand.

Turn - you should have bet again. The guy who is almost all in will put his last two dollars in anyways and you have to think there is a reasonable chance that TPTK is still the best hand. Given that you checked then calling is, of course, correct but I can not think of a good reason to check this turn unless you have reason to believe you are behind and are now drawing. This is the only good reason to check the turn IMO and I don't believe that this is the case.

River. Bleh. That's a bad card but I check call because I think there is some chance that I am ahead here. I think cehcking the turn makes the river play more difficult.

cnfuzzd
08-23-2004, 07:16 PM
Preflop. I dont think smooth calling is terrible. If i think CO is a good raiser, i want MP3 going along for the ride, however, 3 betting isnt terrible if you are somewhat sure you have the better hand and that MP3 will call anyway.

Flop. This is a great flop for you with TPTK, and the nutflush draw. Well played.

Turn. Anyone with small money is going to bet this turn, no matter what. If CO is in anyway intelligent they would automatically raise here to make you call two cold, praying to whatever god they believe in for you to fold. You somewhat comply, but i really think you need to 3 bet here.

River. Not such a fun card, My action here would be determined by the turn action. If CO said cap, i check call. If he called, i would bet/call. I dont think the flush is that scary of a potential, but you might now be facing a better pair, or possibly two pair. Still, i would bet.

All in all, i think you played it well.

peace

john nickle