PDA

View Full Version : Low Limit Folly

07-14-2002, 03:50 PM
A recent funny story:

On a business trip to an unfamiliar town. Found the local cardroom and walked in as a first time visitor----on a tight time schedule. Big list for the 10-20 game, but the brush suggests an open seat at 3-6.

Well, I haven't played 3-6 live for a while---gee you get a whole rack for $100. They put me in the # 5 seat, so I am scrunched up shoulder to shoulder in the middle of the table.

Immediately notice the guy to my immediate left has a 100% hand-tell. He looks at his cards, and if they are bad, he drops them. If good, he puts a chip on them. If real good, he grabs his chips. Every time! Watched to see if he was just faking me--but no---it was 100% true. So, I began taking just a second longer when it was my action and watching him out of the corner of my eye. Trying NOT to let him see me watching his hands, cards, and chips.

While looking the other way, I notice the guy on my right is flashing his cards when he picks them up. He is not "making a tent" to look at them. He is not even picking them up carefully with his left hand. He is picking them up with his right hand in a big sweeping motion. Not giving me a little peek---he is showing me all of both cards every time.

This puts me in a personal ethical "grey area" so I mention it to him on a hand where he bet throughout and did not get called. "Nice pocket Jacks", I said. No response. Next hand he picks his cards up the same way.

So here I am. The guy on my left is showing me exactly what his action is going to be----fold, call, bet, raise. And the guy to my right is showing me his pocket cards. I am playing 3 of the 10 hands at this table.

Got called for the 10-20 game -- and turned it down. This situation is too good to be true.

You know the ending to this story of course----I lost the $100 and left.

07-14-2002, 05:52 PM

07-15-2002, 02:00 PM