PDA

View Full Version : qq again

gamblore99
08-23-2004, 03:57 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (13 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (15 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 17 BB, between SB and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by SB (17 BB).</font>

- comments all streets including preflop.

dmk
08-23-2004, 03:59 PM
I would call the flop 3-bet and raise him on the turn. If he 3-bets me there, call him down. I'm definitely seeing a showdown here though. He may be completely overplaying AJ. Your line is fine as well.

ddubois
08-23-2004, 04:43 PM
With the J on the board, Hero has the worst possible overpair and loses to AA/KK/JJ. I know I will be accused of weak-tightdom when I say this, but raising the turn is pissing away money. No one is going to overplay AJ or TT this much, not aganist someone who capped pre-flop and capped the flop. Hero is going to show the winner here maybe 10% of the time. In fact, I don't see any point in capping the flop either, just call down. I think your recommendations would be fine if hero had KK, or if the flop was 9-high.

MercTec
08-23-2004, 04:49 PM
I agree...other than A or K, the card you don't wanna see is a J on this flop. With that preflop action, its either a big pair or AKs unless the raiser is a total LAG. The one pair that you have beat in a PF raising war is JJ and that goes out the window with that flop. After I'm reraised on the flop, I go into check-call mode.