PDA

View Full Version : giving up on the end

gamblore99
08-23-2004, 03:47 PM
many times I flop a flush draw with maybe something like 2nd pair top kicker and keep jamming a multiway pot for bets. I'll end up missing my flush draw but still have middle pair top kicker against one other oppponent who was raising the whole time. Hell bet and I am very sure I'm behind but feel obligated to call given the size of this big pot. I put him on a something 2 pair or trips, but now I say to myself maybe he was also on a flush draw and call down. Im not sure what kind of response I expect to this. But someone please respond

LikesToLose
08-23-2004, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But someone please respond

[/ QUOTE ]

I like pizza.

gamblore99
08-23-2004, 09:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But someone please respond

[/ QUOTE ]

I like pizza.

[/ QUOTE ]

These comments aren't helping. What is it specifically you like about the pizza?

jtr
08-23-2004, 11:49 PM
I like pizza also, but the one I had this evening was awful. It's not supposed to be wet when it comes out of the oven, right?

I think you often do have to call this last bet. I'm sure there are games where the players are so obvious and uncomplicated that it is negative EV to call this last one, as your opponents would only ever be raising with an obvious made hand. But my suspicion is that most of us are not in those games. Without specific information on the guy, and in a typical online game like Party 2/4, I'd call. If you have a big enough database of hands, you could go and look for the number that will really help you decide: in these situations, how often does hero get lucky and expose villain's busted flush draw? That number only needs to be 8% or so...