PDA

View Full Version : just be honest: Kerry did good, Bush did evil, in Vietnam

eLROY
08-23-2004, 11:59 AM
This whole Swift Boats thing is just going to keep festering, and is never going to go away, until Democrats admit one thing: Kerry dodged the Vietnam war, and that is a good thing. He did exactly what you would want a US military person to do today! When Kerry says he would do the same thing regarding Iraq if he knew then what he knows now, all you Dean supporters' hearts sink! You want him to do in Iraq what he did in Vietnam.

Kerry did exactly what you would want him to do. He tried to get a deferment to avoid evil service in Vietnam and, when that didn't work, he tried to get a job where he wouldn't have to shoot anybody, and could pretend to be Kennedy. Pretending to be Kennedy is a good thing, the Democrat party needs more Kennedys! And then when he was put into an unexpected position where he had to shoot someone, he filed a bunch of bogus injury reports so he could get out of there and start protesting!

And that is what you wanted him to do!

And meanwhile, George W. Bush volunteered to become an evil airman like his father. But thanks to the protests of people like Kerry who came before him, we gave up the war before George W. Bush ever saw combat. And that is what you wanted! You didn't want George W. Bush to bomb communists! You are happy he was in Alabama banging hippie girls!

cardcounter0
08-23-2004, 12:01 PM
WOW! That is some powerful stuff you are smoking.

Rooster71
08-23-2004, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This whole Swift Boats thing is just going to keep festering, and is never going to go away, until Democrats admit one thing: Kerry dodged the Vietnam war, and that is a good thing. He did exactly what you would want a US military person to do today! When Kerry says he would do the same thing regarding Iraq if he knew then what he knows now, all you Dean supporters' hearts sink! You want him to do in Iraq what he did in Vietnam.

Kerry did exactly what you would want him to do. He tried to get a deferment to avoid evil service in Vietnam and, when that didn't work, he tried to get a job where he wouldn't have to shoot anybody, and could pretend to be Kennedy. Pretending to be Kennedy is a good thing, the Democrat party needs more Kennedys! And then when he was put into an unexpected position where he had to shoot someone, he filed a bunch of bogus injury reports so he could get out of there and start protesting!

And that is what you wanted him to do!

And meanwhile, George W. Bush volunteered to become an evil airman like his father. But thanks to the protests of people like Kerry who came before him, we gave up the war before George W. Bush ever saw combat. And that is what you wanted! You didn't want George W. Bush to bomb communists! You are happy he was in Alabama banging hippie girls!

[/ QUOTE ]
Your post is truly amazing. Considering your lack of regard for truth and your twisting of history, you should be able to get a job working for Karl Rove.

However, there is one piece of truth to your post. "This whole Swift Boats thing is just going to keep festering." The reason is keeps festering is that Bush is winning in polls regarding personality/character (who knows why?), but losing in the polls regarding all issues (except terrorism). Since Bush is failing so miserably in all opinion polls (regarding actual issues), it is in his best interest to steer the focus away from any issue (except terrorism) and focus on the personal issues.

I do give Bush credit for being able to con the conservative crowd so successfully. He spent the vast majority of his business life heading companies that went broke (under his leadership), yet they claim he can control spending and deficits. He dodged the draft, yet supporters claim his opponent's war record is illegitimate. The list goes on and on.

But facts are the last thing that get in the way of the Republican point of view.

andyfox
08-23-2004, 01:50 PM
Kerry dodged the war, Bush wanted to go, and we quit because of anti-war protests. Do you think if only McGovern had called us criminals he might have won the 1972 election?

Zeno
08-23-2004, 03:08 PM
That was a great post. Thoughly enjoyable. One more point; why was Kerry's tour of duty only 4 months?

I read PT-109 years ago. Kennedy managed to get his boat cut in half by a Japanese destroyer and lose some of his men.

He did save some guy though, in a heroic swim to some island I think. I have forgotten most of the details so this may not be completely correct.

But Kennedy did turned a disaster to his benefit.

Keep it up Elroy. I am enjoying it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Zeno

Cyrus
08-24-2004, 03:09 AM
I wanna have what he's having.

/images/graemlins/cool.gif