PDA

View Full Version : what are the chances of an ace flopping when you have KK?

phifediggy
08-23-2004, 11:57 AM
100% on partypoker.

unformed
08-23-2004, 12:45 PM
Keep betting, half the time nobody else will have an ace. on a reraise, fold.

daryn
08-23-2004, 12:54 PM
you mean on a raise right?

on a side note, notice how novice players are just dying to say the word "reraise"?

i play in tourneys and cash games with complete newbies all the time and that's all they say. if i'm actually reraising a raise, i don't even say reraise, i just say raise. but these guys say "reraise" even when they are actually putting in the first raise.

oh well, just something i've noticed. they also say "raise" when they mean bet. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Leavenfish
08-23-2004, 01:10 PM
I'm actually wondering if this isn't a clever marketing ploy on Party Poker's part. People love to play Ace/Any...so tweak your generator to give slightly MORE aces in those first 25 cards. Keep the customers happy.

Fiery Jack
08-23-2004, 01:31 PM
If an Ace falls on the flop and I have KK, thats too bad but its only like 20% or something. If someone gets a bet in before me I just fold & quietly hope they didn't have QQ.

Monty Cantsin
08-23-2004, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If someone gets a bet in before me I just fold & quietly hope they didn't have QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is probably a bad default plan.

/mc

DuggleBogey
08-23-2004, 02:10 PM
This happened to me in my last hand on PP last night. I held KK and called a pre-flop raise. When an ace flopped, I played it very cautiously...when I determined nobody held an ace, I put the spurs on it....and I was right, nobody held an ace....the guy on my right held two of them.

Doh!

cardcounter0
08-23-2004, 02:59 PM
The 100% chances of an ace flopping when you have KK, is also matched by the 100% chance the guy with AA will merely check/call your betting your KK all the way to the river.
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

27offsuit
08-23-2004, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

on a side note, notice how novice players are just dying to say the word "reraise"?

i play in tourneys and cash games with complete newbies all the time and that's all they say. if i'm actually reraising a raise, i don't even say reraise, i just say raise. but these guys say "reraise" even when they are actually putting in the first raise.

oh well, just something i've noticed. they also say "raise" when they mean bet. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I always snicker inside when people are betting out and say "I'll raise....". Some people do it over and over, blissfully unaware of their major ignorance.

Sundevils21
08-23-2004, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
these guys say "reraise" even when they are actually putting in the first raise

[/ QUOTE ]

and you called me a "prick" because it kinda bothered me how norman chad called 3of a kind(without a pocketpair) a set.

Moonsugar
08-23-2004, 05:26 PM
Why do people think Party is not random?

This opinion still baffles me...

If you were venting after a recent bad experience I apologize in advance.

phifediggy
08-23-2004, 05:35 PM
this thread was really just meant as a joke...

27offsuit, did you get your icon off a user on another forum?

dogmeat
08-23-2004, 05:39 PM
When you hold KK, the odds that a single ace will flop is 19.31% or 4.18 to 1.

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Andy B
08-23-2004, 07:42 PM
Why the hell didn't you re-raise before the flop? Then when the Ace hits and you fire, you can safely give it up against many opponents if they raise.

dogmeat
08-24-2004, 08:12 PM
Andy,

Don't go trying to bring logic to the posts here - it'll just screw everything up.

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Richard Berg
08-28-2004, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I always snicker inside when people are betting out and say "I'll raise....". Some people do it over and over, blissfully unaware of their major ignorance.

[/ QUOTE ]
In limit poker, betting is the same thing as raising. When the bet is $0 to go you can either fold, call (aka check), or raise by that street's minimum (bet).

astroglide
08-28-2004, 06:13 PM

yes, i call people out on it on the boards all the time and it drives me nuts /images/graemlins/frown.gif even mike sexton does it...

PennDenn
08-28-2004, 06:35 PM
The odds are 4.18 to 1 that an ace will flop. What are the odds an ace will flop if one is already in someones hand? There would only be 3 aces left and that should lower the odds.

SA125
08-29-2004, 11:21 AM
"In limit poker, betting is the same thing as raising. When the bet is $0 to go you can either fold, call (aka check), or raise by that street's minimum (bet)."

I'm waiting for the punchline.