PDA

View Full Version : AK Unsuited VRS. Pair 22

07-21-2002, 10:51 PM
I had an argument over what is better heads up. AK unsuited or Pair in pocket 22. I believe a pair of 2/2 has a slight advantage? My friend says no!!!!!! What is correct? And where can I look for valid hard copy to prove this once and for all? He will not take my word and we have a friendly bet!!!!!

Thanks for your help

07-22-2002, 12:48 AM
It's somewhere in Super/System, I think, and I think Doyle said to take the deuces and let them run hot-and-cold, or some such bit of proposition advice.

I could be mistaken...

07-22-2002, 12:53 AM
that deuces will always be facing overcards unless you flop a set

it's statistically better ONCE ALL THE CARDS ARE OUT, but ak is a much better hand because you know much better when you're good

07-22-2002, 03:28 AM
The deuces will win over 50% of hands - something like 53% percent heads up all the way to the river.

Of course, I'd rather have the AK in most real situations - even heads up.

07-22-2002, 03:06 PM
This is a joke right??? AK unsuited is one of the very best starting hands you can have, and 22 will have to be folded on the flop at least 9 out of 11 cases.

seanEmac

07-22-2002, 03:35 PM
Laddie,

The working of your question is a bit ambiguous.

Heads up against random hands AKo wins 65.3% of the time, and 22 wins 50.3%.

See http://www.gocee.com/poker/he_ev_hand.html for the whole chart.

But against each other 22 beats AKo more than half the time. An interesting twist is that heads up AKo beats JTs, JTs beats 22, and 22 beats AKo.

So if you are playing either AKo or 22 against each other all-in pre-flop, take the 22, but if you have a choice of either hand against an unknown hand take AKo