PDA

View Full Version : Any one running good?

The once and future king
08-23-2004, 11:22 AM
Because I am getting a brutalised last couple of months. Just had two beats on the bubble that have pushed me over the edge and have me feel to physicaly sick to carry on playing.

Seem to be hearing alot of tales of woe from both my online buddies whos play I respect and in these forums.

So is anyone running good and please tell me about it because my perspective is shot to peices.

ilya
08-23-2004, 03:04 PM
I'm running pretty good. Ran a 4:50 mile the other day. I was so angry about all the bad beats I just had to get my frustration out.

RPatterson
08-23-2004, 04:17 PM
I'm tearing it up in cash games and running bad in sitngo's.

DrPhysic
08-23-2004, 05:27 PM
I was bubbling everything in sight in June and July. Had one Sunday that I bubbled the 128 player HU matches, then bubbled the $3+AO sat to the Stars Sunday $215 the same day. Threatened to change my handle to DoubleBubble. Ran like that for about a month.

Suddenly, it has come around and I have been winning $27 Turbos, $33 SNGs, and final tabled a $22 600 person multi. Last two weeks have been good.

Hang in there, they can't run bad forever. (Just seems like it!)

Doc /images/graemlins/cool.gif

SmileyEH
08-23-2004, 05:34 PM
I was stagnant through most of the summer, marginally winning online and grinding it out playing home live games.
Then I got third in a $15 MTT on Prima, ran my party account from $30 to $200 in two days playing $5+1 3 tables, made $500 playing live in three sessions. Was a good couple of weeks by my standards.

It will come around /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

-SmileyEH

The once and future king
08-24-2004, 12:44 PM
Yesterday I lost $1956
$100 buy in played 31

1: 1
2: 1
3: 3

Thats my record loss. As it happens it is less than my record win. Still hurts like feck

J.A.Sucker
08-24-2004, 01:39 PM
About time, because I've been running bad for so long. It'll turn around.

DrPhysic
08-24-2004, 01:50 PM
Always the optimist, right?

Doc

J.A.Sucker
08-24-2004, 01:56 PM
If you made as much as I did this week playing 200 SNG's, you'd be an optimist, too.

mangarata
08-24-2004, 03:24 PM
turned 200 into 1600 playing party 33 sit n go. Lost that much the week before playing the 215. Learned my lesson. The 33 has been profitable for me and allows for variance.

SixgunSam
08-24-2004, 03:44 PM
Had a great run for 3 straight days where I finished in the money 12 out of 15 games, then followed it up with 8 straight out of the money finishes, but I just ended that bad streak a few minutes ago. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

McMelchior
08-24-2004, 04:57 PM
I realize this is more general online then specific SnG, but here it comes:

After returning from Vegas Saturday 2 weeks ago - where I cashed good in one NLHE tourney, bubbled in a LHE (on top of wasting 4 hours it was the most boring tourney ever) and tanked 2 satellites, I lost every SnG and tourney I came near online - until last Thurday, where I suddenly started winning:

$3 rebuy super PStars won $215 seat in $250,000 guaranteed
$5 rebuy super PStars won $530 seat in $300,000 guaranteed
Cashed in 5 out of 5 $30 SnGs ... up around $1,000 in 4 days, and for me that's A LOT!

My only bad result was the Europe vs. NA 2+2, where I was completely carddead and moved myself out before first break, and a $3 rebuy super where I lost focus around 3 am and - unnecessarily - put myself out just before the bubble.

I think I had a hard time re-adjusting to online after playing the soft (OK, soft except for Bellagio SnG satellite to Wednesday $530 buy-in, that was anything but soft) Vegas tourneys.

After loosing like 10 SnGs in a row I started working on FOCUSING - meditation, affirmation, the whole new-age enchilada etc. - and on playing TIGHT. And it seemed to help. I believe I have been playing way too loose, dribling my stack away in the early rounds and missing most stealing opportunities by not paying enough attention to the style and the mindset of my opponents.

And of course there's a good and a vicious spiral - losing produces losing streaks, winning boosts your confidence and generates better play and wins.

I've also noticed that I play much better when I've had a good lay right before I play ... much easier to focus.

Whatever will help you clear your mind and focus is highly recommended.

Best,

McMelchior (Johan)

DrPhysic
08-24-2004, 06:29 PM
Your reply made it sound like you were expecting the cards to go back into the dumper any minute. Congrats on the good week.

Doc

J.A.Sucker
08-25-2004, 01:16 AM
My english ain't so good. I meant to address my "it'll turn around" to the poster, not me, though as bad as I play, that may be true, too. /images/graemlins/smile.gif