PDA

View Full Version : what should i have done here,hate these situations

Noodles
08-23-2004, 11:08 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: noodles is UTG+1 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, noodles calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, noodles calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds.

Flop: (8 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">noodles raises,he could have jj,QQ for all i know so i thought a bet might clarify things</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, noodles calls. hmmm feeling i am beaten here,but I have so many nuts raise their haed off at PP that i decide to go to the river

Turn: (7 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, noodles calls.

River: (9 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, noodles calls.

What should i have done,fold the flop/turn
So many times at PP i have been capped on the flop and end up winning that i thought i have to call him down,especially with no reads

Final Pot: 11 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11 BB, between SB and noodles.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by SB (11 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Ac Ad (two pair, aces and fours).
noodles shows Jc Kc (two pair, kings and fours).
Outcome: SB wins 11 BB. </font>

stoxtrader
08-23-2004, 11:13 AM
PF and flop I think you played fine. The turn is where you have a decision to make. You are getting 4.5:1 implied odds to see a showdown with this hand and have little chance for improvement.

the two Ks left likely help your opponent, the 3 J's probably don't, but two pair is possibly no good.
against a reasonable player (3bet standards) I think you can fold to the turn bet. against an unknown I think you call down. If you are good 20% of the time it is profitable.

papawawa
08-23-2004, 11:44 AM
I think you the preflop call is iffy - a raise from the SB almost always means you're beaten w/that hand even though its suited. On the flop, I'm at most calling him down, and usually folding, it might be a different story with one or more clubs. I put him on AK with his betting. More times than not you will get burned in this situation.

bisonbison
08-23-2004, 11:46 AM
I think you the preflop call is iffy

Um, he limped and called a raise.

sthief09
08-23-2004, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You are getting 4.5:1 implied odds to see a showdown

[/ QUOTE ]

those are your effective odds, not your implied odds.

arkady
08-23-2004, 11:57 AM
papa is well known for his insightful and on the money advice, glad you caught that little gem bison.

Noodles
08-24-2004, 05:35 AM
What are you on about,fold for one bet preflop,remember i limped 1st then called.
Hard to know what to do on the flop really ,but i cant agree with folding it,maybe fold turn alright,i am still in the dark over how to play this really

sublime
08-24-2004, 10:35 AM
You played this hand fine. Are you going to lose more this often than you win? Yup

But you are getting 8-1 on the turn (with outs) and 10-1 on the river. In my experiance these are both calls.