PDA

View Full Version : Yep, I've got a question...good guess!

YoJimbo
08-23-2004, 10:46 AM
I just busted out of a simple 11+rebuys tourney on stars...i play them early in the morning because there aren't many people there and it just seems easier for me to make the money...less idiots to take me out somewhere down the line. Anyhow, this hand is just one of many hands that I've been busting out of tourneys with over the past week or so...figured it was time to ask the public about my play instead of self analysis for a change.

Since I don't want to go to some hand generator you get it shorthand:

Blinds were 200/400 and i was BB with 4k chips and K4o. One late position limper with a big stack who seemed rather tight but I'd seen him raise every hand he'd come into a flop, this was the first limp so far(and he did have big pairs and one AA when he was preflop raising, so I figured I couldn't put him on a slowplay). It folds to me and i see a free flop of K82 with a flush draw. I check, he bets 2xBB and I call. Turn is an offsuit 5, i check, he bets 4xBB(1600) and I checkraise all in for a total of 2900 chips, he calls. He turns over T9s with the flush draw and rivers the flush.

Now...from the thinking I just did, the only thing I can come up with to do in this situation is to just push all in on the turn. The pot was only 1800 on the turn so me pushing 2900 at him would probably make him get off of his draw. My checkraising him gave him odds to call considering it was only another 1300 for him to call at that point. I thought of possibly doing the checkraise on the flop...but if I put him on the flush draw, which I did, I can't single out the chance that he has an ace high flush draw...and if that's the case, going all in on the flop gives him 12 outs to beat me and 2 chances to catch the card...I figured I don't even wanna consider pushing in that situation, best to see the turn and go from there.

So...any suggestions? Ideas? Comments? Concerns? Go to hells? Gimme answers /images/graemlins/smile.gif

boedeker
08-23-2004, 12:02 PM
your hand isn't very strong to begin with. I would check raise the flop to see where you stand. then incorrectly check fold the turn if he comes along after my play on the flop.