PDA

View Full Version : and then the board paired......

ipp147
08-23-2004, 10:42 AM
Comments on all streets pleased and then the river decision,

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button ($211.35)
SB ($99.25)
BB ($98)
UTG ($126.45)
Hero ($99.85)
UTG+2 ($127)
MP1 ($113.23)
MP2 ($123.65)
MP3 ($124.35)
CO ($71.72)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $2, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls $2, MP2 calls $2, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks,

Flop: ($10) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, MP1 calls $4, MP2 folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: ($18) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets $10</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $25</font>, MP1 calls $15.

River: ($68) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero ?????

square444
08-23-2004, 11:56 AM
This depends on what kind of player he is. If he's the kind of player that would just call with a set on the flop with three hearts, then maybe he does have the set. I think you would have been raised on the flop if he had two-pair. If he is the type of opposition that would "slow-play" his trips or two-pair, and then bet it with four hearts out there, then you should fold. However, my guess is a K-high flush or he was trying to represent the flush on the turn. I'd probably pay off a full here most of the time.

Now keep in mind that I'm inexperienced (especially with reading hands) so this could all be completely off.

Rah
08-23-2004, 01:53 PM
First of all, why would you call this hand UTG? It's a clear preflop fold, especially unsuited.

I agree that this is a situation where you should push on the turn. Two pair with T is unlikely, since three T are out. A set would be more aggressive on the flop and sure wouldn't call on the turn. I guess he's representing the acehigh flush or has the jack of hearts.

Marc H
08-23-2004, 02:03 PM
I can easily see MP1 calling the flop bet with a flush or a 4-flush of his own. Highly unlikely he has KK since there's no pre-flop raise. Pocket 6s are *possible* but the turn bet suggests hearts -- he may have the Jack, he's now seen the Kh and Qh and doesn't believe you have the Ace.

I hope you bet heavily for value!

schwza
08-23-2004, 03:49 PM
pre-flop: fold.

flop: i'd make a full pot bet. if someone raises, push.

turn: i would make the check-raise bigger. you want to charge a set to draw, and you want to get value from the J /images/graemlins/heart.gif or 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

river: tough.... i'd bet 30 and call a push. about the only reasonable hands you're behind are 66, KT, and J /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

ipp147
08-23-2004, 04:44 PM
Ok, first things first, the preflop limp was just wrong. Having switched from another site to PP for NL ring games recently,I had acclimatised on the $25 tables. I don't think I adjusted myself properly.

Postflop, possibly should have led out with a bigger bet on the flop. I wanted to keep some people with weaker single /images/graemlins/heart.gif draws with me.

On the turn when he called the raise I pretty much put him on a weaker heart and so pushed at the river. He called and flipped over 66. MHING /images/graemlins/frown.gif

serves me right for limping UTG with a marginal hand preflop!

Marc H
08-24-2004, 03:42 PM
Bad Beat!

He has 66, neither is a heart. That's a bad call by him on the turn! [hmm ... 10 outs to a full house or quads, but what if you've got pocket kings or queens? maybe not really 10 outs] ... and he got rewarded for it ...

topspin
08-24-2004, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bad Beat!

He has 66, neither is a heart. That's a bad call by him on the turn! [hmm ... 10 outs to a full house or quads, but what if you've got pocket kings or queens? maybe not really 10 outs] ... and he got rewarded for it ...

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this a bad call? Villain's calling $15 into a $52 pot to close the turn if I added up right, getting pot odds of about 1:3.5. Giving him 10 outs to improve to quads or a full house, he's getting odds of 1:3.6. With even marginally improved implied odds, that's an easy call.

Hero needed to bet bigger if he thought the other guy was on a draw. I agree the passive play on the flop and the bet out on the turn makes it hard to put him on 66 though.