PDA

View Full Version : Where to get out...

W. Deranged
08-23-2004, 07:27 AM
3/6 at the Stone. Table is pretty passive pre-flop, though several players will show some post-flop aggression.

CO is "Z" (see earlier post by me) an ultra-regular (there everyday... knows every dealer) who loves to put in the first bet on flops, particularly with draws and pairs, but will slowplay anything better (top and bottom, set, etc...) Button is a newer player to the table, who had gotten lucky and won some huge hands... maybe a little weak, but knew how to check-raise, etc...

Deranged is UTG + 1 with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

One fold to Deranged who calls. Three more limpers, including Z and the button. Five see the flop for 5.5 SB.

Flop: 7 6 3 rainbow.

Deranged checks, MP checks, Z bets, Button calls, 1 fold, I call, 1 fold. Three see the turn for 5.75 BB.

Turn: A

Deranged checks (????), Z checks, Button bets, Deranged call, Z calls. 3 to the river for 8.75 big bets.

River: Q

Deranged checks, Z checks, Button Bets, Deranged calls, Z folds.

Should I have even seen the turn? Should I play the turn more agressively? Should I have even been playing A8 suited in early position.

daveymck
08-23-2004, 08:21 AM
I dont think a call with A8 on a loose passive table is that bad.

Once the flop comes I am probably done with hand, if one of the rainbow is a spade seeing another card cheap may be worth it, but its not a huge pot so I think its marginal either way. If you are drawing to your overcards then I think you have to raise the flop try and push out any A9-AJ hanging around I dont see AK-Aq here.

The turn I dont think you can just call either bet out or check raise and play the hand from there. I guess the button has an Ace we dont really have any idea how good it is.