PDA

View Full Version : First hand ever posted

thrillhouse7
08-23-2004, 04:10 AM
Not sure if this should be in micro-limit or not. Any other comments on posting conventions are welcome... in addition of course to my play... Thanks guys!

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: (5 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (11 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Evan
08-23-2004, 04:18 AM
Preflop and flop are clearly standard. The turn is obvioulsy why you posted the hand. A read on MP2 would really make this a lot easier to play. With no read available I'd call the turn and check-call the river.

If he's a LAG there's a good chance that he hit some random 2 pair. If he's a thinking player he may have put you on AQ or something similar and think you're jump jamming with high cards. Since it's the Party 1/2 game, I'd have to go with the former rahter than the latter.

Welcome to the forum.

House-Lion
08-23-2004, 04:44 AM
I would like to see more answers to this particular thread. I know I have similar troubles in many hands.

You get cold-called by 1-2 players, where at least one stay for the turn and pop me with a raise.

The holdings could range from under-pocket-pair, completly random two-pair, set, pure bluffs, bottom-pair-ace-kicker, picked up flush-draw.

JTG51
08-23-2004, 05:03 AM
I'd just call down an unknown opponent, but against a lot of players in these games it's correct to 3-bet the turn.

MicroBob
08-23-2004, 05:09 AM
he comes alive on the turn....but doesn't feel good enough to cap it...hmmmm.

maybe he picked up the flush-draw in addition to a pair on the board.like KsTs or Ts9s or something like that.

when he raises the turn i am reluctant to re-raise here because of the chance that he will cap it.

one should be concerned that he is slow-playing trips or picked up a random 2-pair. i have to respect his turn-raise at least a little bit.

the fact that he only called your turn re-raise makes it okay to bet at the river though i think.

but i think just calling the turn and check-calling the river is safer.

thrillhouse7
08-23-2004, 05:32 AM
thanks for the analysis... in case your wondering he showed <font color="white"> pocket 3s </font>

MicroBob
08-23-2004, 06:21 AM
he showed what?

thrillhouse7
08-23-2004, 06:38 AM
it's in white