PDA

View Full Version : QTo heads up from sb

Grvnhigh
08-23-2004, 03:05 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">8 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>,

Not sure what to do here, as I'm not used to being 3 bet in this situation too often at Party 2/4. I'm thinking that villain has two broadway or a baby pp. Anyone hate this turn bet?

BusterStacks
08-23-2004, 03:13 AM
check-call the flop then bet that meager turn?... /images/graemlins/confused.gif I bet you get raised and probably pay one off on the river too.

Garland
08-23-2004, 03:17 AM
Check-fold the turn.

Despite the fact a 3rd /images/graemlins/spade.gif appeared, the 3 is not inspiring fear in anyone. I think it's time to bite the bullet and admit defeat here.

Garland

Inthacup
08-23-2004, 03:42 AM
Garland, you either misread the post or are insanely weak tight if you think check-folding the turn is the right play. He's got 7 flush outs and 6 overcard outs that are most likely good. He also has 4 outs to the straight which are almost certainly good.

I don't like this play because it's simply not believable. The 3 most likely doesn't help your hand and the chances are low that it made your flush. It screams bluff bet.

2 lines I like more than that are check-raising the flop and betting the turn or check calling the flop and check raising the turn. Either one is much more believable than your line of play. If he's got overcards, or A high, you'll put a lot of pressure on him. Folding is out of the question on the turn.

Cup

JTG51
08-23-2004, 05:23 AM
2 lines I like more than that are check-raising the flop and betting the turn or check calling the flop and check raising the turn. Either one is much more believable than your line of play.

How about check-calling the flop then check-calling the turn? Has check-calling become illegal around here? You don't have to make a fancy play every hand to be a good player.

Grvnhigh
08-23-2004, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the replies, everyone. After I check called the flop, I had this sudden fear that my opponent would head for showdown with an A high type hand and check behind on the turn. I really just wanted to give villain a chance to fold instead of letting him drive the hand the whole way. Looking back, this is definitely a weak move that probably has a low chance of success.

Results: Opp folds, I take it down