PDA

View Full Version : The all-time funniest movies are...

Shaman
08-22-2004, 10:19 PM
1. Jackass: The Movie
2. Blazing Saddles
3. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
4. Coming to America
5. Young Frankenstein
6. Singin' in the Rain
7. Some Like it Hot
8. Animal House
9. Trading Places
10. Blues Brothers

West
08-22-2004, 10:40 PM
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and Blazing Saddles - funny movies. Coming to America? I think I may actually have left in the middle of that one.

I vote for:

Dumb and Dumber
the first Ace Ventura

let's see, what else...funny how you can draw a complete blank trying to think of things like this...

Sooga
08-22-2004, 10:46 PM
Dumb & Dumber is so routinely overlooked as a comedy classic that it simply astounds me. That movie is brilliant. Flat out brilliant. IMO, one of the most criminally underrated modern movies in any genre.

blackaces13
08-22-2004, 10:55 PM
My first thought when reading the title of this thread was Dumb and Dumber. Seems people either love or hate it though. There seem to be a lot of people who question the intelligence of anyone who could possibly find Dumb and Dumber entertaining. I still think its great.

Another good one: Not Another Teen Movie.

Sooga
08-22-2004, 11:02 PM
You know what infuriates me? People that say Dumb & Dumber was a bad movie because it's so stupid. Well, yea, that's the whole point! What do you expect out of a movie called 'Dumb & Dumber'? It's not a movie that's going to force you to think about social issues or some sort of philosophical idea. It was made purely as a comedy; to make you laugh. And it does a FANTASTIC job doing that, which is why it should be considered a great movie.

Rushmore
08-22-2004, 11:04 PM
Your list made me sad.

Jackass was so disappointing, I can't even say.

Please, let's look at some of the following:

Annie Hall
This is...Spinal Tap
Pee Wee's Big Adventure
Shakes The Clown
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Dr. Strangelove
Clerks

That's just off the top of my head.

Certainly it is true that Blazing Saddles, Animal House, and Young Frankenstein all belong on the list.

Maybe The Blues Brothers.

Wahoo91
08-22-2004, 11:35 PM
Fast Times At Ridgemont High must get some significant votes.

nothumb
08-22-2004, 11:39 PM
Just off the dome here...

Clerks
Life of Brian
The Big Lebowski
Slapshot
Animal House
Super Troopers
Purple Rain (however unintentionally)

NT
Purify yourself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka

DerryABU
08-22-2004, 11:42 PM
Midnight Run has to be an absolute classic.
Goldmember the funniest Powers movie by a long stretch.

BeerMoney
08-22-2004, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your list made me sad.

Jackass was so disappointing, I can't even say.

Please, let's look at some of the following:

Annie Hall
This is...Spinal Tap
Pee Wee's Big Adventure
Shakes The Clown
Dr. Strangelove
Clerks

That's just off the top of my head.

Certainly it is true that Blazing Saddles, Animal House, and Young Frankenstein all belong on the list.

Maybe The Blues Brothers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, your list made me sad... Here's mine:

Dumb and Dumber
Super Troopers
Clerks
Beavis and Butthead
Anything with Tom Cruise cause he sucks so bad its funny.

thirddan
08-22-2004, 11:54 PM
"Anything with Tom Cruise cause he sucks so bad its funny. "

I liked Collateral and A Few Good Men was good...

bwana devil
08-23-2004, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Annie Hall
This is...Spinal Tap
Pee Wee's Big Adventure
Shakes The Clown
Dr. Strangelove
Clerks

[/ QUOTE ]

i was reading the lists very disappointed in what everyone chose. i was so happy to see your post. i would agree w/ all of your picks but one (i wont ever bother saying which one since the others are such good choices).

to everyone who reads Rushmore's post and doesn't know these movies, rent a few of them this week. they're that good.

Rushmore
08-23-2004, 12:02 AM
And now, I am even more sad than before.

BTW, I forgot, Happy Gilmore deserves a nod ("You eat pieces of sh*t for breakfast?").

And how can you tell me my list sucks, then use one of my picks (Clerks) as evidence my list sucks??!

Were you trying to be ironical?

Maybe we're both just generally sad.

Sigh.

Rushmore
08-23-2004, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i would agree w/ all of your picks but one (i wont ever bother saying which one since the others are such good choices).

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to assume it's either Shakes or Pee Wee.

These are the least definitive, but get on the list for personal reasons.

Thank you for your kind words about my little list of funny movies. You have fantastic taste.

bwana devil
08-23-2004, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have to assume it's either Shakes or Pee Wee.

These are the least definitive, but get on the list for personal reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, actually it was peewee. but i didnt want to quibble over a movie i felt was neither good nor bad.

i loved shakes the clown and was surprised to see on any list.

however i would have to take exception to your adam sandler plug. i just dont like him. i think im the only one who doesnt find him funny.

Rushmore
08-23-2004, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
however i would have to take exception to your adam sandler plug. i just dont like him. i think im the only one who doesnt find him funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's maybe more of a golf thing than a humor thing, because I don't like anything else he's done. But brawling with Bob Barker and that whole bit with Carl Weathers? That stuff was funny.

P.S. From Shakes: "Die, milkman scum!!" High comedy indeed.

Steph Djordjevic
08-23-2004, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Offensive.

Here I am, making all the right moves and I get "dissed" like this. This is serious stuff here ... What am I a clown? Do I amuse you?

Try watching the Party with Peter Sellers, that is a good one.

Dr. Strangelove. NO. I barely cracked a smile during that one ... I don't think that humor is timeless, I am sure it was funny during its time.

Raising Arizona. Solid.

Cubswin
08-23-2004, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

spoken like a true a$$hole /images/graemlins/tongue.gif happy gilmore is on my list for sure.

daryn
08-23-2004, 12:26 AM
dumb and dumber: the funniest movie of all time.

Zeno
08-23-2004, 12:35 AM
Everyone forgot: It’s a MAD MAD MAD MAD world.

Wasn't there a movie called "This way to the Forum' with Zero Moestel (sp?). Another old movie, based at least partly I think on one of Aristophanes comedies. But then I could be wrong on this. Mr. Zee would know, as he was alive about the same time as Aristophanes, and in fact I think Mr. Zee stole some poker ideas from him.

Airplane wasn't bad and some of the Naked Gun movies were fairly amusing and the Mel Brook’s comedies are top notch.

Dumb and Dumber was a dumb movie. But I laughed. I could not help it. So yeah - it wasn’t bad.

-Zeno

bwana devil
08-23-2004, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
happy gilmore is on my list for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

cubs,
what size is your mobile home? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

bwana

bwana devil
08-23-2004, 12:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
P.S. From Shakes: "Die, milkman scum!!" High comedy indeed.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's been a long time since i saw that movie. i worked in a video store in college so i've seen my fair share of flicks. i dont even like bobcat. find him annoying, but couldn't stop laughing at that movie.

doesnt the opening scene have carol brady's young son urinating on bobcat's head? "mom, there's a clown passed out in the bathroom"

bwana

Cubswin
08-23-2004, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
cubs,
what size is your mobile home?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a double-wide...why do you ask? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

nothumb
08-23-2004, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Raising Arizona. Solid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn right. Really most of the Cohen stuff is pretty funny, in a weird way of course. O Brother Where Art Thou was a lot of fun.

I thought Happy Gilmore was very funny. I don't despise Adam Sandler but he's not one of my favorites either. He's got Moses Malone's range, that's for sure.

HOW IN THE NAME OF GOD HAS NOBODY MENTIONED CADDYSHACK???!!!

West
08-23-2004, 01:15 AM
Man, I totally agree. Sure it's got a few jokes in there that, for me anyway, weren't particularly funny (I distinctly remember seeing this in the theater, and thinking during the first few minutes that it was going to be horrible), but the rest of it had me in tears. I think this movie may have helped start a trend of increasingly tacky humor in movies (a trend I personally am not a fan of), and I think it's possible that that may have something to do with the fact that a lot of people don't seem to agree that this movie is a classic. Or maybe not. I don't know. For me, it's one of the greatest movies of all time.

West
08-23-2004, 01:22 AM
I got another one - it has a few moments that IMO it definitely could have done without (like the disgusting flossing moment - part of the tacky humor movement I mentioned above), but otherwise was solid gold: Kingpin.

VarlosZ
08-23-2004, 02:20 AM
I think we have to make a distinction between comedies that are very good, and comedies that are funny (but not necessarily good movies).

Exhibit #1 is Clerks. By any objective standard, this is a Bad Movie. With the exception of Jay and Silent Bob, every character has the exact same (unrealistic) speech patterns. Worse, it features the worst acting of any popular movie I've ever heard of. Nevertheless, I can see why some people find it very funny (though I just can't get past the acting, personally).

Exhibit #2 is Annie Hall. A Great Movie, but necessarily a Very Funny Comedy (though there are some very funny scenes, of course).

Sticking to the "funny, not necessarily good" criteria, I'd have to note, in no particular order:

South Park
Raising Arizona
Noises Off
Airplane!
Naked Gun
Showgirls (?)

Tuco
08-23-2004, 03:11 AM
The correct answer is:

1. Life of Brian

NISUS WETTUS
Next. Crucifixion?

DOOMED
Yes.

NISUS
Good. Out of the door, line on the left. One cross each. Next. Crucifixion?

ALSO DOOMED
Yes.

NISUS
Good. Out of the door, line on the left. One cross each. Next. Crucifixion?

CHEEKY
Eh? No, freedom.

NISUS
What?

CHEEKY
Eh, freedom for me. They said I hadn't done anything, so I could go free and
live on an island somewhere.

NISUS
Oh? Oh, that's jolly good. Well, off you go then!

CHEEKY
Naah. I'm only pulling your leg. It's crucifixion really.

NISUS
Oho, I see. Very good very good. Well, out of the door...

CHEEKY
[cheerily] Yeah. I know the way. Out of the door, one cross each, line on
the left.

2. This is ...Spinal Tap

Marty: Your first drummer was uh....
Nigel: The peeper....
David: Joe stumpy Pepys...great great...uh...tall blond geek..
with glasses uh...
Nigel: Uh.. good drummer.
David: Great look, good drummer.
Nigel: Good, good drummer....
David: Fine drummer....
Marty: What happened to him?
David: He died, he, he died in a bizarre gardening accident some
years back.
Nigel: It was really one of those things...it was...you know...the
authorities said...you know...well best leave it unsolved,
really...you know.
Marty: And he was replaced by...uh....
David: Stumpy Joe - Eric Stumpy Joe Childs.
Marty: What happened to Stumpy Joe?
Derek: Well, uh, it's not a very pleasant story..but, uh,
David: He's passed on.
Derek: he died. uh...he choked on..the ac- the official explanation
was he choked on vomit.
Nigel: It was actually, was actually someone else's vomit.
It's not....
David: It's ugly.
Nigel: You know. There's no real....
Derek: You know they can't prove whose vomit it was...they don't
have the facilities at Scotland Yard....
David: You can't print, there's no way to print a spectra-photograph
Nigel: You can't really dust for vomit.

3. Swingers

ROB: So, if the party starts at eight, why are we first going to a bar at ten?

MIKE: To get a drink before we meet the guys for a bite at eleven.

ROB: Oh. Where is this place?

MIKE: It's one of these. For some reason, cool bars in L.A. have to be very hard to find and have no signs out front.

ROB: That doesn't sound too good for business.

MIKE: It's kinda like a speakeasy kind of thing. It's kinda cool. It's like you're in on some kind of secret. You tell a chick you've been some place, it's like bragging that you know how to find it. The only way you could know where a place is is if someone who knows brought you there. You have to have someone come before. There is a direct line connecting you back to the original, unequivocally cool, club patrons. It's kinda like Judaism...

ROB: Sounds more like Aids...

4. Lost in America

David: You are never allowed to use the word "nest egg" again. If we're in the woods, you can point and say, 'A bird lives in a round stick! And you have things over-easy with toast!

5. Slap Shot.

Jim: Oh gee, hold the phone. This is an unscheduled surprise. This young man has had a very trying rookie season. What with the littigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country refusal to accept him. That's more than most 21 year olds can handle, Oggie Olgilthorpe!

6. Snatch

Bricktop: Do you know what the word nemesis means? A rightous infliction of retribution by an appropriate agent, personified in this case by a horrible c*nt. Me.

7. Strange Brew

Attendant: Twenty-four Elsinore! That will be $14.70.

Doug: I believe there will be no charge on this two-four of beer, thank you.

Attendant: Excuse me?

Doug: Ok, uh, we found this mouse in a bottle of Elsinore beer that we bought at your beer store, eh? And we heard that when that happens you get your beer free.

Bob: It's in the Canadian Criminal Code, eh. Like there's legal precedence set in cases in law, eh?

Doug: So, like give us our free beer.

Attendant: You want free beer? Go to the brewery. Now get out of here before I put the two of you in a bottle.

Doug: You sure you don't want to think this over?

8. Animal House

Blutofsky: Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

9. Caddyshack

Carl Spackler: So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one -- big hitter, the Lama -- long, into a ten-thousand foot crevice, right at the base of this glacier. And do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga...gunga -- gunga galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consiousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

10. Stripes

Winger: We're soldiers, but we're American soldiers! We've been kicking ass for 200 years! We're 10-and-1!

Tuco.

Punker
08-23-2004, 03:15 AM
I always had a soft spot for the National Lampoon Vacation series.

exist
08-23-2004, 03:41 AM
maybe i'm a sociopath, but Final Destination 2 was hilarious. (for those who have actually seen it) remember that part where the chick in the crashed SUV gets impaled through the back of her head with the broken pipe?? PRICELESS!!!

Mano
08-23-2004, 04:24 AM
Funny movies in no particular order:

Stripes
Caddyshack
Strange Brew
The Ref
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Better off Dead
lot's of Monty Python Movies (Life of Brian, Holy Grail, Meaning of life, a Fish called Wanda)
Animal House
Young Frankenstien
After Hours
Office Space
The World according to Garp

BadBoyBenny
08-23-2004, 08:56 AM

cjromero
08-23-2004, 09:07 AM
Of the ones mentioned so far, I would put Dumb and Dumber, Zoolander, Airplane!, and Caddyshack near the top of the list. Many of the other ones at least belong in the discussion.

Here are a few more as food for thought:

The Jerk
There's Something About Mary
Old School
The Wedding Singer
History of the World, Part 1

West
08-23-2004, 09:26 AM
Naked Gun! Good call, I second that one...

BadBoyBenny
08-23-2004, 09:28 AM
I like the list. Caddyshack and The Jerk were two of the first DVD's I bought when I got a player.

I thought the Wedding Singer wasn't as funny after watching it once or twice. For a Sandler movie, I liked Happy Gilmore better; mostly because I golf all the time.

For me, everything else you listed is a classic

Victor
08-23-2004, 09:39 AM
Caddyshack
Big Lebowski
Zoolander

Schneids
08-23-2004, 09:41 AM
1. Dumb and Dumber
2. Zoolander
3. Not Another Teen Movie
4. Beavis and Butthead Do America
5. Christmas Vacation

M2d
08-23-2004, 12:10 PM
Used Cars
Caddyshack
Trading Places
Clerks

tolbiny
08-23-2004, 12:18 PM
"Zoolander"??????

For crying out loud..... i would take the naked gun 2 1/2 and spaceballs and the secondAustin powers on my list with caddyshack and the big lebowski.

But zoolander? for crying out loud no wonder there are so many bad movies out there with idiots like you going to see them.

tolbiny
08-23-2004, 12:20 PM
Goldmember the funniest Powers movie by a long stretch

it is certainly a stretch to say that goldmember was the funniest of the three.

sfer
08-23-2004, 12:25 PM
Dr. Strangelove

tolbiny
08-23-2004, 12:28 PM
i was just thinking about office space when i opened this up- also fast times at ridegmont high deserves a vote or 16

Martin Aigner
08-23-2004, 12:33 PM
Four movies comming to my mind immediatly:

Life of Brian
Very bad things
Much ado about nothing
There´s something about Mary (I´m very surprised nobody mentioned that one yet)
´
There are lots of others, but these really would make the top of my list anytime

Martin Aigner

nicky g
08-23-2004, 12:44 PM
If Groundhog Day hasn;t been mentioned, you should all be taken out and shot.

Didn;t we just do this thread?

kerssens
08-23-2004, 12:51 PM
Airplane
South Park
Naked Gun
Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore
Spaceballs
Friday
Joe Dirt
Kingpin

Uston
08-23-2004, 01:23 PM
44 posts in this thread and not one mention of Fletch. I've never been prouder of this forum.

M2d
08-23-2004, 01:24 PM
that's not lake minnetonka

M2d
08-23-2004, 01:28 PM
How could I have forgotten Friday?

mrjim
08-23-2004, 01:33 PM
(no particular order)
Monty Python: Holy Grail and Life of Brian
Clerks
Kids in the Hall: Brain Candy
The Pirate Movie
Kingpin
The Princess Bride (How has noone mentioned this!)

andyfox
08-23-2004, 01:55 PM
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. Very funny stuff. Stephen Sondheim music.

Speaking of Zero Mostel, I always get a kick out of The Producers. Mostel once guest-hosted for Dick Cavett on Cavett's talk show. Funniest television ever. Mostel was one of a kind.

Have you seen the original The In-Laws with Peter Falk and Alan Arkin? Very funny (unlike the very un-funny recent re-make with Michael Douglas and Albert Brooks).

Chaplin's Modern Times and the Marx Brothers' Duck Soup are two of my favorites.

Toro
08-23-2004, 01:59 PM
Dumb and dumber. Gets funnier every time I watch it. Last scene was great!

JeffO
08-23-2004, 02:21 PM

Victor
08-23-2004, 03:50 PM
dude

that movie was hilarious

you just need to be in the right location

felson
08-23-2004, 05:39 PM
although I'm sympathetic to those who said Kingpin, which had the same writing/directing team, the Farrelly brothers. They did Dumb and Dumber too.

Recently I was out to dinner with a female friend, and I mentioned that my brother had just given me a DVD copy of Kingpin. "Kingpin!" she exclaimed. "I heard that movie is disgusting."

No, no, it's not, really, believe me!

Afterwards we were flipping through channels on her TV, and what do you know, Kingpin is showing. It was a benign scene (Woody Harrelson in a tussle with Vanessa Angel). Come on, we'll just watch five minutes, it's a nice movie, you'll see.

As soon as the words were out of my mouth, there was a ten-second closeup of Woody's fists punching Vanessa's breasts.

WEASEL45
08-23-2004, 07:04 PM
spaceballs

Kurn, son of Mogh
08-23-2004, 07:33 PM
Splash

Rushmore
08-23-2004, 09:01 PM
Disney's "The Kid."

Chah Ngo
08-23-2004, 09:57 PM
"Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back" (at least according to the poll on moviepoopchute.com).

Shaman
08-23-2004, 10:19 PM
Shoot! I forgot There's Something About Mary. This is definitely in my top ten. I'm surprised no one else mentioned Jackass: the Movie in this entire thread. I've never laughed longer and harder.

felson
08-23-2004, 11:51 PM
* Jackass spoiler warning *

I haven't seen Jackass: The Movie, but I heard that it features a guy eating yellow snow and then vomiting it out. Apparently this was not a special effect.

I have to draw the line at this one.

Graham
08-24-2004, 04:58 PM
"A funny thing happened on the way to the forum". Or a 'strange thing?

JTG51
08-24-2004, 06:01 PM
Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle deserves honorable mention.

scotnt73
08-25-2004, 11:11 AM
dumb and dumber

jagoff
08-25-2004, 01:31 PM
maybe i'm a sociopath, but Final Destination 2 was hilarious. (for those who have actually seen it) remember that part where the chick in the crashed SUV gets impaled through the back of her head with the broken pipe?? PRICELESS!!!

That was FUNNY!!! The kid getting splattered by the big sheet of glass had me pissing myself!

jagoff
08-25-2004, 01:38 PM
1. Crossroads (f/ Britney Spears)
2. Anaconda
3. Dude, Where's My Car?
4. Meet the Stupids
5. Carrie
6. American History X
7. Steel Magnolia's
8. Bring It On Again

theBruiser500
08-25-2004, 01:39 PM
Big Lebowski
Woody Allen movies
Liar Liar
Anchorman
It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World
Groundhog Day

"HOW IN THE NAME OF GOD HAS NOBODY MENTIONED CADDYSHACK???!!! "

probably because caddyshack wasn't funny, moron. everyone who says clerks is funny is also wrong all of those movies are lame, very unfunny, the humor is so forced. i am very disappointed with everyones taste in movies on this thread.

NoChance
08-25-2004, 01:58 PM
Here are my 10 in no particular order.

Happy Gilmore
The Spy Who Shagged Me
Dumb & Dumber
Ace Ventura
Caddyshack
Airplane
Naked Gun
Christmas Vacation
American Pie (Nobody mentioned this one yet?)
Meet the Parents (This one either?)

scotnt73
08-25-2004, 03:41 PM
try not to suck any dicks on the way to the car!

if thats not funny then i dont know what is.

bernie
08-25-2004, 03:54 PM
What sucks is that some movies are absolutely hysterical the first 1/2 of it. Then they get into serious mode for the last part.

Very few movies really seem to keep it going all the way through to the end. Instead the usually try to put some moral message in by the end.

I also love the funny movies with lots of stuff happening in the background. The first example i can think of is 16 candles. John Hughes puts alot of funny stuff in the background during scenes.

b

CORed
08-25-2004, 04:04 PM
1. Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
2. The Trouble with Harry.

Number two is an old (1955) Hitchcock movie that I saw on cable recently. It is set somewhere in the British countryside. Harry is dead. Each of the characters in the movie thinks they killed him, and he gets buried, dug up and reburied several times. Eventually it turns out that he had a heart attack. Absolutely hysterical.

MaxPower
08-25-2004, 05:12 PM
The original In-Laws was a classic. I have the DVD and watch it frequently. I think it is a little too understated for today's taste.

I recently saw Its a Mad Mad Mad World on cable. I didn't think it was funny anymore. I don't think it holds up.

One movie nobody mentioned that always cracks me up is My Cousin Vinnie.

Nobody mentioned Tootsie either.

brassnuts
08-25-2004, 07:55 PM
Hey, wanna go to the dump and shoot some rats?

mmbt0ne
08-26-2004, 02:34 AM
Here's the first few I could come up with.

Swingers
Rushmore
Super Troopers
Trading Places
Chasing Amy (but only Jason Lee)
Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels

obi---one
08-26-2004, 04:39 AM
Caddyshack

Duke
08-26-2004, 07:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you on crack? The guy has a higher percentage of good movies on his resume than most anyone. Legend wasn't even that bad compared to some films in that genre. It was better than Red Sonya.

~D

ZeeJustin
08-26-2004, 08:27 AM
Old School, Office Space, and Clerks.

I don't see how so many people love dumb and dumber. That movie is full of jokes I would have told in 3rd grade. The whole blind luck theme gets old very fast in that movie as well.

John Cole
08-26-2004, 09:48 AM
I was dragged to see Animal House. I don't remember laughing once. I, for one, didn't quite find Singin' in the Rain particularly risible, either. I find Tati's M. Hulot's Holiday is the funniest ever made.

So sue me.

SpiderMnkE
08-26-2004, 02:02 PM
Caddyshack is the most unfunny movie I have ever seen.

I keep being duped into recommendations from you old timers... none of these movies from your generation are funny.

I wonder if my kids will watch Old School, Meet the Parents, and Zoolander... and just think they totally suck.

oh yeah... Where is Tommy Boy!!

beerbandit
08-26-2004, 03:14 PM
i like many of the movies listed in this thread

actually i had to watch caddyshack after i read this the other day

- grumpy old men
- austin powers
- so i married an axe murderer
- ace ventura
- old school
- superstar
- animal house
- harlem nights

beer

felson
08-28-2004, 02:33 PM
Parts of The Mask were very funny.

Chah Ngo
08-28-2004, 05:58 PM
Jackass was actually very funny. The trick is to drink a lot before watching it.
Bonus question (not directed to anyone in particular):
Why does Steve-O have "your name" tatooed on his ass?

GimmeDaWatch
08-31-2004, 02:31 AM
Pulp Fiction, A Clockwork Orange, Big Lebowski, Rushmore, annnnnnnnnnd, thats right, "The Last Boyscout". HE GIMME DA WATCH!!!! Here's to hoping Team America will be added to the list.