PDA

View Full Version : Poker Superstars Invitational Format

durron597
08-22-2004, 10:05 PM
Does anyone know exactly what the format of the invitational is going to be? In other words, what did Howard win for winning the first round? They said on the show that it will give him an advantage at the final table, but they didn't really give good details.

ohgeetee
08-22-2004, 10:50 PM
2 mini tourneys are played, we just watched the end of the first one. these 2 mini tourneys are for chip advantages to a semifinal tourney, which is my own made up olympic frenzy name. the better you do in these 2 mini tourneys, the more chips you get for the semifinal.

there will then be another 2 mini tourneys, with the same people, equal chipstacks, that work in the same way for the other semifinal table.

the 2 semifinal tables have a payout(i think) as well as a chip advantage to the main event, on superbowl sunday.

this whole format was a decent idea, but it got me thinking about what a better format would be in the future, and here is what I came up with, again, kinda in an olympic stupor.

the whole 8 pros thing is neat, but most of us could come up with much more than 8 people worthy of playing. Get 32 pros together, a nice mix of cash gamers and tourney players, and use the following format:

8 pros per table, 4 tables, and do it like the PSI. each table will be run twice, and the two winners of each table's 2 tourneys would move to the semifinals. if the same person wins both, then the person with the best next avg finish would move on, and if 2 of those are tied, something like chip count when the game goes heads up would have to be the factor, or something similar. regardless, something could be worked out to quantify the top 2 players from each of the 4 single table mini tourneys.

now you move on to 2 tables, each its own tourney, that are made up of only the top 2 of each of the previous rounds table. each of these single table tourneys would get run twice just as before, and the top 4 of each would get a seat at the main event, with an altered chipstack based on the finish, either altered via just these semifinals, or something like FSN is doing and having the beginning tables come into play.

the main event would be run only a single time, with the best of those 8 being the best of the best.