Sponger15SB
08-22-2004, 09:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Joe Buttons who is Phil Ivey on UB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe Buttons is not phil ivey.

Sponger15SB
08-22-2004, 09:55 PM
also, he wasn't asking for your opinion.

he was talking about a commercial with chris moneymaker where they made this outrageous claim.

ohgeetee
08-22-2004, 10:51 PM
The way he brings in those chips and points at the screen makes me laugh out loud every time i see it.

chesspain
08-23-2004, 12:49 AM
You think they would have had the budget to pay the production crew enough to stick around long enough until Monenmaker got the scene right.

phifediggy
08-23-2004, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The way he brings in those chips and points at the screen makes me laugh out loud every time i see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

so true, the way he says "there are winners and losers... [rake in pot] which do you want to be?"

vulturesrow
08-23-2004, 01:32 PM
I've only recently had the courage to download the PokerStars software because I knew it was the home of Chris Moneymaker..I still havent found the intestinal fortitude to make a deposit there /images/graemlins/frown.gif Damn you Chris Moneymaker!!!

jasonkm1
08-23-2004, 03:51 PM
Where is this commercial everyone is talking about? I watch the espn poker, fox poker and travel channel poker but have yet to see it.

Jason

MEbenhoe
08-23-2004, 04:45 PM
Does Moneymaker play on Stars anymore and if so anyone know what games he plays? I'd be interested to see how this most feared and respected internet player does?

DontPlayScared
08-23-2004, 05:11 PM
Considering that he qualified online, then WON the WSOP Mian Event, then made a WPT FINAL TABLE, I'm sure the guy does REALLY WELL on Stars.

Officer Farva
08-23-2004, 05:17 PM
If Moneymaker is the most feared and respected anything, then the following must also be true:

1) Daniel Negraneu is the most feared and respected street thug in Vegas

2) 72o is the most feared and respected starting hand

3) George Bush is the most feared and respected orator

4) I am the most feared and respected poster on 2+2

-Syk-
08-24-2004, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) Daniel Negraneu is the most feared and respected street thug in Vegas

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha..

Yeah, this commercial is hilarious. Nothing wrong with him cashing in on his fame, but must they lie? The most feared and respected on the net? Ha.

warlockjd
08-24-2004, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've only recently had the courage to download the PokerStars software because I knew it was the home of Chris Moneymaker..I still havent found the intestinal fortitude to make a deposit there Damn you Chris Moneymaker!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only recently had the courage to go to a casion and watch a live tournament because I know that is how Chris Moneymaker made his money...I still havent found the intestinal fortitude to enter a live tournament since. Damn you Chris Moneymaker!!!

B Dids
08-24-2004, 03:28 PM
I've seen him play 100/200 limit, and 5/10 NL.

From what I've gathered, the most feared/respected online player is probably Spirit Rock/Prefontaine and that's only if you ignore the obvious SpicyF answer.

HUSKER'66
08-25-2004, 08:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've only recently had the courage to go to a casion and watch a live tournament because I know that is how Chris Moneymaker made his money...I still havent found the intestinal fortitude to enter a live tournament since. Damn you Chris Moneymaker!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you were in the WSOP.(as you've claimed previously)........oh the tangled web we weave.

Husker