PDA

View Full Version : Should I Leave Party and Return to UB?

RPatterson
08-22-2004, 08:29 PM
I decided to switch over to party since so many of you play there and most of the discussion here is geared for that. Here are my results after playing in 6 today.

1. I win 1st.
2. Finish 6th, my AKs losing to QQ all-in.
3. Finish 4th, get down to 100 chips early when my KK loses all-in to JTs, work up to 800 chips by 100/200 blinds and flop 2nd pair with that same player, go all-in and they have a weaker kicker but backdoor a straight.
4. Finish 7th, lose my K9s to 88 all-in.
5. Finish 4th, move in with AT and get called by AQ.
6. Finish 6th, move in with 66 and get called by A3s who makes a flush.

Obviously I'm losing every coinflip and dominating hand scenario but in Ultimate Bet, this would barely matter because you don't have to go all-in practically every hand after 15 minutes of playing.

Unless anyone can argue good reasons why I should stay at Party Poker Coin Flip SitNGo's instead of Ultimate Bet Play On The Flop SitNGo's then I'm out.

Dominic
08-22-2004, 11:31 PM
Please come back to UB...I'd love to have you at my table.

Losing all
08-23-2004, 12:27 AM
Well, you've put in many hours to come up with this, and a 1.5 buyin downswing hurts a bunch, I'm sure.

That being said, there might be a reason most of the players around here choose party. Maybe you should try 6 or 7 more games?

RPatterson
08-23-2004, 12:29 AM
I guess I will try 6 or 7 more games. But I better start winning coin-flips!

RPatterson
08-23-2004, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Please come back to UB...I'd love to have you at my table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think you have enough information to gauge my level of play, or are you just being a jerk online because your a sad pathetic little man.

Jsb
08-23-2004, 12:31 AM
i'm not going to *argue* to convince you to stay at party, if you don't want to stay thats your deal, doesn't make a difference to me. but i will say that your sample size is incredibly insignificant. if you're not willing to put more time and tournaments into it before you even start to analyze your data, you should have just stayed at UB in the first place.

Dominic
08-23-2004, 03:54 AM
Hmmmm...hard to say...could be a combination of the two.

Jason Strasser
08-23-2004, 04:01 AM
Your posts make 2+2 worse.

-Jason

Cleveland Guy
08-23-2004, 01:07 PM
Good advice is good advice, and bad advice is bad advice.

The site that people play on shouldn't effect wether the advice is good or bad.

Play where you are comfortable, and the players and structure meet what you are looking for.

Also - 6 or 7, and then another 6 or 7 isn't a sample size.

You should be able to take the advice as more general and adapt it to your game

RPatterson
08-23-2004, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Play where you are comfortable, and the players and structure meet what you are looking for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since different sites have different starting stack sizes and blind structures I believe good advice for party poker may not be good advice for ultimate bet and vice-versa.

Cleveland Guy
08-23-2004, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since different sites have different starting stack sizes and blind structures I believe good advice for party poker may not be good advice for ultimate bet and vice-versa.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be able to take the advice and adapt it to your game and your situation. Look more into stack sizes, sizes of bets, etc. I realize different sites have different stack sizes, but look at is in a general and relative term vs. and absolute.

i play on neither of these sites, yet have figured out how to make the advice work for my game.

StickyWicket
08-23-2004, 05:10 PM
Stop your whining...unless you have a twin, you still play on UB under the same screen name and you were at the PLO tables last night.... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Sticky /images/graemlins/heart.gif

DontPlayScared
08-23-2004, 05:16 PM
Kinda funny how someone crying about luck called another, "Sad and pathetic."

RPatterson
08-23-2004, 05:35 PM
I play on UB under patterson4eva and I don't play Omaha.

Phill S
08-24-2004, 06:38 AM
then, he has a doppleganger!!!!

seriously though. with advice on here you can take the overall context without the specifics. this means you can adapt to different buy ins, game styles (hot or cold) and blind structures.

ive never played at party, and prolly never will. ive also never played above the 30 dollar buy in, and wont for a while. but i can take lots of advice on how to play party 100 dollar games and adapt it to the10 dollar games at ladbrokes, a site which most of you prolly havent even heard of.

there was a thread about fold equity that covered this to a texas tee (or is that just T).

as for site selection, ill give you the advice i give most people, try a few and choose what works best for you. sure party may have 50000 fish, but you can only play with up to 9 at once (two and three table SnGs aside).

i chose to change from stars to ladbrokes because:
1, it doesnt allow americans, so less great players
2, i can get the cash from the site to my bank account in under two hours (i once bought in, played around 6 hours poker, cashed it all out and the cash out was in my account before the buy in left it)
3, software and customer support is pretty good
4, game selection, structure and players are profitable enough to counteract a lower player pool

draw up your own criteria and find one that best meets it.

if party isnt right for you then go back to UB, frankly though, dont come on here and whine about the fact. i dont think many people care if your not profitable there, it just makes you another fish in the big party pond.

Phill